Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-12/4/21

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Our goal difference is 14 better than Palace’s!

A win on Monday and we're back within three point of overtaking them.

"A win on Monday night." I hope you appreciate my little joke. We've never won a Monday night game in the Premier League. Failure against Everton will see us tie with Hull for the most EPL Monday games played without a win.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I missed the first half. Seeing the stats was no surprise, standard wankpuffin shite of no attempts. I caught a bit of the second half. Did I really hear praise for the header, you know the one that landed squarely on his forehead bounced off him and went in. Unreal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sure Doogle will be over to chat about the game like last week when they got a point...

SEGW really is nothing but a Lyn attention seeking over dramatic prick. He’ll go this Summer I think.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If only we had nailed them twice like we should have........

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

"A win on Monday night." I hope you appreciate my little joke. We've never won a Monday night game in the Premier League. Failure against Everton will see us tie with Hull for the most EPL Monday games played without a win.

Stats are there to be broken though [emoji123] have a feeling we’ll do well on Monday night.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Oh ffs

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
It’s like they are judging as to exactly what injury will be caused by what tackle. He could have broken his arm or neck with that challenge.

An unwritten rule seems to have evolved that says you can do a ‘professional foul’ to stop an opposing player in exchange for a yellow card. It does my head in.

I’ve seen players sent off for much less than Fernandinho’s challenge (such as Mooy away at Villa last year). The thing is that it’s now so ingrained that that sort of challenge is a yellow, that there would be outrage if a red was dished out. I remember Rooney being (correctly) sent off for something similar a few years back and the decision being almost universally met with disbelief.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Around Christmas they’d conceded more than us and scored less than us but were still 3 places higher in the table. The one thing they generally do better than us is game management/grinding out a win. Which you’d expect given the age and experience of their players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I’ll grant you they can dig and Nick points but even then they should still be down there

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

Good stat. I had a look and Monday is the only day of the week we haven’t won in the Premier League. We even won on a Thursday (last season at Arsenal).

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

There's that, plus the fact that whenever we get within touching distance of the pack above us with a game in hand, we manage to pass up the opportunity with flying colours every bloody time

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A win for Burnley today pretty much guarantees their safety. A draw clearly the best result for us though.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
A win for Burnley today pretty much guarantees their safety. A draw clearly the best result for us though.

Personally I would rather see Burnley win. I am so optimistic for next season if we stay up and Newcastle losing is more likely to ensure that happens. If we keep both them and Fulham below us going into the last game job done.

Normally I would always be looking upwards and seeing where we can finish but this season it just hasn’t gone for us so let’s get out of it with premier league status intact and move on.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Wilson on the bench as well

Draw for me Clive, keeps more teams in the thick of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Newcastle win for me. Fulham are gone and I want to get above Burnley ASAP.

The pessimist in me still wants the insurance policy of a Burnley win ... but yes, it would mean an incredible run from Fulham to overhaul us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here