Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30/11 - 2/12

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
HKFC, I think you're overstating the difference between the sides. Palace were the better team, no argument there, but I don't think Palace did enough with it to call them progressive.

I'd also conclude that on yesterday's evidence, Leeds and Palace are both streets ahead of Newcastle and Norwich - both of whom really are "absolute shite".

Not that we can beat any of them of course. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
25m apparently! What’s even more funny is that they spent 15m on Firpo, whom Lamptey had on toast for 65 mins on Saturday evening.

He was subbed off at halftime, but your point still stands.

Leeds were effectively down to 10 men for the first half.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didn't watch a minute of either game, but I did listen to the 5Live commentary whilst out running and as such I think I'm well placed to say all four sides last night are largely shit, and I imagine we'd comfortably beat all of them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't watch a minute of either game, but I did listen to the 5Live commentary whilst out running and as such I think I'm well placed to say all four sides last night are largely shit, and I imagine we'd comfortably beat all of them.

:lolol:

theboybilly

Wow, how have they thrown that away? If any team looked like winning it was Palace. How critical was Benteke’s miss.

I wouldn't say Palace looked like winning at the end more than they were gifted possession, and the chance to break with pace, by a poor Leeds midfield and their sloppy passing. But how awful was that show by Zaha? I think the much vaunted Viera revolution is perhaps unravelling a little.

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
But, in comparison to how we dealt with Leeds where a 3-0 or 4-0 would have seemed perfectly reasonable if we had players who could shoot; Palace deserved perhaps a 1-0, they did not dominate Leeds anything like we did but for some bizarre reason, attempted to copy our finishing prowess.

Leeds were the better team last night. Kevin Friend bought every dive that Palace tried. apart from Benteke's miss don't remember any other real chances for them. We missed a good chance after 10 mins and again in the 2nd half. The one thing though all our fans were in the stadium when the penalty was awarded. Never understand why 8,000 of your fans leave before the end when a game is still in the balance. No wonder your manager is cheesed off especially as the ones who did stay chose to boo him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Leeds were the better team last night. Kevin Friend bought every dive that Palace tried. apart from Benteke's miss don't remember any other real chances for them. We missed a good chance after 10 mins and again in the 2nd half. The one thing though all our fans were in the stadium when the penalty was awarded. Never understand why 8,000 of your fans leave before the end when a game is still in the balance. No wonder your manager is cheesed off especially as the ones who did stay chose to boo him.

It's **** and I don't understand it either

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Objectively, no, Leeds were absolutely not the better team. This is nonsense.

No real chances for Palace? Remember when Benteke poked it past your keeper who did well to sprawl and drag it back from almost over the line? No? Remember the Leeds handball in the box from a Palace header? No? Remember the Palace appeal when Ayew was shoved in the back? No?

Anyway, you'll not be replying. Ever. Happy to welcome away fans , who make an effort to be vaguely decent. Can't be dealing with pricks who just want to troll.

bye

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Uh-oh....another "our fans are better than your fans" comment. Getting away from the Amex is a nightmare, as you know....and that accounts for a big proportion of the early leavers, no doubt. It's not necessarily a great excuse, but I'm sure* it would be a very different story if the stadium had been built on the land next to Brighton station. PS: I know Elland Road isn't near the station! I'm just very happy that, for a relatively small club, we still manage to attract close on 32,000 to every home game.

*probably

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Are all Leeds fans obnoxious or is it just the ones that post on the internet?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...The one thing though all our fans were in the stadium when the penalty was awarded. Never understand why 8,000 of your fans leave before the end when a game is still in the balance. No wonder your manager is cheesed off especially as the ones who did stay chose to boo him.

With respect, before then penalty was awarded, the camera panned to the two technical areas and there were dozens and dozens of empty blue seats in the stand behind, that earlier in the game had been occupied.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Uh-oh....another "our fans are better than your fans" comment. Getting away from the Amex is a nightmare, as you know....and that accounts for a big proportion of the early leavers, no doubt. It's not necessarily a great excuse, but I'm sure* it would be a very different story if the stadium had been built on the land next to Brighton station. PS: I know Elland Road isn't near the station! I'm just very happy that, for a relatively small club, we still manage to attract close on 32,000 to every home game.

*probably

I wish I could be that certain.

The predictable nature of the game.
Where it fits within the last 2 seasons of games.

I don't believe the actions of the thousands of fans that left early and few fans that booed are as a result of the Leeds performance.

It's the culmination of all the other near identical games and the seemingly simple remedy that has continually been ignored.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Watford v Chelsea HALTED and players off due to a medical emergency in the crowd.

I hope everything goes well, the gentleman/lady survives and makes a full recovery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here