Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30/11 - 2/12

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Commentators saying that that was only Leeds second home win of the season - their home record is identical to ours !

We really need a win for somewhere to keep that gap between us and the bottom three - Southampton maybe ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought Daniel James was absolutely gash. So glad he's at Leeds , I hope they spent a lot signing him - he is an absolute pound shop, oh erm I dunno, Raheem Sterling

But apart from that, if Leeds must beat someone then why not Palace in injury time with a bitterly unlucky penalty? Chortle.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So within a week NSC had Palace as the progressive attacking form team and Leeds as the worse team in the league. Talking shite as always!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought Daniel James was absolutely gash. So glad he's at Leeds , I hope they spent a lot signing him - he is an absolute pound shop, oh erm I dunno, Raheem Sterling

And the funny thing is the ‘messiah’ spent 3 years trying to sign him [emoji23]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And the funny thing is the ‘messiah’ spent 3 years trying to sign him [emoji23]

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery…Ali J :wink:

Palace are also imitating us from last year on the field, losing games and points late on in games that they should have won :smile:

The Trolls are all back under their mossy stones too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So within a week NSC had Palace as the progressive attacking form team and Leeds as the worse team in the league. Talking shite as always!!

Did you watch any of it? I only watched the second half, after the Newcastle game finished, but from what I saw Palace WERE pretty ‘progressive and attacking’, and Leeds WERE absolute gash. The ultimate result doesn’t automatically change any of that :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Did you watch any of it? I only watched the second half, after the Newcastle game finished, but from what I saw Palace WERE pretty ‘progressive and attacking’, and Leeds WERE absolute gash. The ultimate result doesn’t automatically change any of that :shrug:

I thought Crystal Palace were quite clearly the second least worst team in the game until Edouard went off in the 68th. After that I can agree they did quite well.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I watched the full 90+7.

On the balance of play Palace deserved to win that and would have done if Benteke hadn’t headed wide from 3 yards out after he replaced Edouard (utterly ineffective). Leeds sought to break up play with countless fouls and looked tired as the game went past 70 minutes. It is a measure of how poor Leeds were that their last minute penalty was their first meaningful effort on target all game.

I know Bielsa prefers a small squad apparently but they desperately need Bamford and Ayling back to make that side work. Palace, on the other hand, looked pretty tidy but lots of misplaced passes and unforced errors from both sides to be honest. But yes - it would be a mistake to look at the result and believe that reflected the game.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I watched the full 90+7.

On the balance of play Palace deserved to win that and would have done if Benteke hadn’t headed wide from 3 yards out after he replaced Edouard (utterly ineffective). Leeds sought to break up play with countless fouls and looked tired as the game went past 70 minutes. It is a measure of how poor Leeds were that their last minute penalty was their first meaningful effort on target all game.

I know Bielsa prefers a small squad apparently but they desperately need Bamford and Ayling back to make that side work. Palace, on the other hand, looked pretty tidy but lots of misplaced passes and unforced errors from both sides to be honest. But yes - it would be a mistake to look at the result and believe that reflected the game.

But, in comparison to how we dealt with Leeds where a 3-0 or 4-0 would have seemed perfectly reasonable if we had players who could shoot; Palace deserved perhaps a 1-0, they did not dominate Leeds anything like we did but for some bizarre reason, attempted to copy our finishing prowess.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
But, in comparison to how we dealt with Leeds where a 3-0 or 4-0 would have seemed perfectly reasonable if we had players who could shoot; Palace deserved perhaps a 1-0, they did not dominate Leeds anything like we did but for some bizarre reason, attempted to copy our finishing prowess.

Yup. Quite how Leeds have managed to accumulate 4 points from their last 2 fixtures is a travesty based on their utter gashness, but probably a reflection on the inability of their opponents to convert some of the best chances they’ll get all season rather than them. I bet they can’t believe their luck.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The point being Hans, that form etc is no indicator of who does or doesn’t win in this league. Palace were good and lost. Leeds were poor and won. We were excellent and drew. It’s football.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

But apart from that, if Leeds must beat someone then why not Palace in injury time with a bitterly unlucky penalty? Chortle.

25m apparently! What’s even more funny is that they spent 15m on Firpo, whom Lamptey had on toast for 65 mins on Saturday evening.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Yes he was poor. Leeds manager gets stick for playing players out of position and James is one. Can cause havoc as a winger. So pleased he played down the middle against us where he was very poor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here