Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-23/11

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Leeds are in trouble and are right in the relegation mix. Their style of play in a truncated season with no winter break will see them dead on their feet come March/April. If they aren’t safe by then the could drop like a rock. It happened in the Championship and this season will be far more punishing than that.
"Suicideball"

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Leeds are in trouble and are right in the relegation mix. Their style of play in a truncated season with no winter break will see them dead on their feet come March/April. If they aren’t safe by then the could drop like a rock. It happened in the Championship and this season will be far more punishing than that.

Shh, don't mention that to the pundits creaming themselves left right and centre over their style of play.(current points total: 11.)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

But but.. that’s not possible, Bielsa is a world class manager? He’s won the Championship. And Koch is a German international.

Leeds are MOT’ing into top 6 and Europe you fool [emoji1]

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
so far, a pretty good round of matches for us. Bit of gap starting to develop to the relegation places, and we caught up 2 points of Leeds and Newcastle.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tres funny for those of us who have a knowledge of the political life across the pond:-

[tweet]1330578849202114562[/tweet]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
so far, a pretty good round of matches for us. Bit of gap starting to develop to the relegation places, and we caught up 2 points of Leeds and Newcastle.

Would love that gap of 4 to be cast adrift from us (and both the franchise cheats to slide down and join them)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Somewhat flagging after breaking the LeedsArse game to consume my body weight in roast lamb and vin rouge but I think I can manage just one more.

Liverpool v Leicester should be full of goals so it’ll probably be the most disappointing game so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's quite fun watching Leeds - they are generally fairly entertaining. But I'm not convinced about Bielsa-ball. It seems to involve an awful lot of running around and giving the ball away. The problem is, it means the opposition also need to do a helluva lot of running around, too. The result is a game which reminds me of school-boy football. There's not much finesse, but a huge amount of energy. Entertaining, as I say - but I'm not sure it's the recipe for a top half finish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's quite fun watching Leeds - they are generally fairly entertaining. But I'm not convinced about Bielsa-ball. It seems to involve an awful lot of running around and giving the ball away. The problem is, it means the opposition also need to do a helluva lot of running around, too. The result is a game which reminds me of school-boy football. There's not much finesse, but a huge amount of energy. Entertaining, as I say - but I'm not sure it's the recipe for a top half finish.

On the wireless a Leeds talking head described Bielsa-ball as:-

"Follow plan A
If it's not working at halftime
Follow plan A better"

Doesn't sound like a winning plan to me.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm no tactician, but there must be a way to play against Bielsaball.

Let the feckers run around at 100mph whilst you stand and preserve energy prior to picking them off.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
While they are not as good as the pundits make out, you can see they have enough about them stay up. There’s definitely 3 worse teams.

Unfortunately.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm no tactician, but there must be a way to play against Bielsaball.

Let the feckers run around at 100mph whilst you stand and preserve energy prior to picking them off.

You're no tactician? Then what are you doing on NSC?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are we all still with or without crowd noise? I can’t get the “without” channel on BT Sport but I’m firmly without on Sky. Was rewarded with some tremendous swearing by De Bruyne near the corner flag yesterday. Hoping for at least a couple of apologies in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Liverpool dodge a bullet as Matip handles but VAR thinks his arm wasn't in an unnatural position. I've seen those given.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here