Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-23/11

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Marc Albrighton done up like a kipper by Robertson there. Nice goal by Liverpool.

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
The reason the manager never wins anything

Likes small squads and intense training/tactics

Players get burnt out / injured

They looked like they were going to stutter a bit before covid break

What the 5 wins on the trot and no goals conceded kind of stuttering?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Palace / Burnley on the graveyard shift today. I guess we're hoping for a 0-0 with a couple of sendings off?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Palace / Burnley on the graveyard shift today. I guess we're hoping for a 0-0 with a couple of sendings off?

Prefer a palace win keeping Burnley firmly rooted in the relegation spots

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Palace win suits our cause.

sdfgh.JPG

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013

Short of an unexploded WW2 bomb being set off by a SEGW dive taking out both squads a draw will do. Burnley loss also acceptable to keep them as far away from us as possible.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry, way too early in the season to be hoping for a Palace win. I'm quite confident we won't be anywhere near a relegation battle this season. A 0-0 draw would be absolutely fine by me - a point dropped by "bottom 12" rivals.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I watched most of the games this weekend, on various channels, BBC, Sky, BT,NBC and Astrosport. The thing that I noticed most about differences between them all (all the build up and half time drivel excluded) was the only broadcaster to actually commentate on the game was the BBC (Even with the numpty Keown adding crap occasionally). The rest were discussing everything but the action on the pitch, and occasionally shouting a particular players name a second or so after they kicked the ball

BBC were several classes above the inane gibbering of the rest, and providing a decent idea of what was going on during the match, rather than banging on relentlessly about how fouled Slippery Jack is, or how packed the schedule is, or what a genius Bielsa is etc

Was nice to have the comentary on, rather than volume turned down.
Such a shame the BBC dontt show more live.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sorry, way too early in the season to be hoping for a Palace win. I'm quite confident we won't be anywhere near a relegation battle this season. A 0-0 draw would be absolutely fine by me - a point dropped by "bottom 12" rivals.

Another game where football shows it’s biggest flaw. Both teams can’t lose. I’d love them to walk away with zero points each but that ain’t in the rules.

Tactics will be interesting though. Palace won’t be able to sit back and hit them on the break because they won’t normally venture past their own halfway line.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I watched most of the games this weekend, on various channels, BBC, Sky, BT,NBC and Astrosport. The thing that I noticed most about differences between them all (all the build up and half time drivel excluded) was the only broadcaster to actually commentate on the game was the BBC (Even with the numpty Keown adding crap occasionally). The rest were discussing everything but the action on the pitch, and occasionally shouting a particular players name a second or so after they kicked the ball

BBC were several classes above the inane gibbering of the rest, and providing a decent idea of what was going on during the match, rather than banging on relentlessly about how fouled Slippery Jack is, or how packed the schedule is, or what a genius Bielsa is etc

Was nice to have the comentary on, rather than volume turned down.
Such a shame the BBC dontt show more live.

Spot on. The same with England games, Mattaface relentlessly talking about shit like Calvert Lewin being a fashion icon.

Mid game, they all rattle on about the pressure on a manager, coming fixtures, plugging Sky or BT's next televised EPL games, transfer policy.

I remember when TV and radio commentators only talked about the action in front of them.

Last edited:

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Spot on. The same with England games, Mattaface relentlessly talking about shit like Calvert Lewin being a fashion icon.

Mid game, they all rattle on about the pressure on a manager, coming fixtures, plugging Sky or BT's next televised EPL games, transfer policy.

I remember when TV and radio commentators only talked about the action in front of them.

It's not without precedent...

DEsnVV7XoAATnzr.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I do agree but the quicker we can put distance between us and the bottom 3 the better. You can only really compete in that midtable free-for-all if you've put distance between yourselves and the bottom 3 at an earlier stage as possible.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So - it’s the battle of undoubtedly the 2 worst footballing sides in the league (Fulham and West Brom far better at trying to play football). As Simster says, way too early to look at even the scum doing us favours, a draw would be fine, but I’m a Brighton fan so will be supporting Burnley in the big game along with millions watching I’m sure...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here