Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 2-3/10/21

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A point for Southampton is neither here nor there - it could[/] give us a bit of harmless fun, even if only for 24 hours - which would be quite long enough to give us the pleasure of Lineker being forced to show the league table on MOTD! After that, nature can (and almost certainly will) take its course.

Agreed, a point (in a turgid goalless draw) wouldn't help them too much, in way of momentum. Really want them (along with Leeds and Burnley) to keep struggling for wins for as long a spell as possible.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
To think that Man Utd v Everton & Liverpool v City have more influence over our league position than Burnley v Norwich is just dreamland.
Pinch yourself, it's true.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because as well as the salient points raised by HKFC regarding Southampton and our mini league positions, I want Southampton to lose every single game they play.

I'd happily give Southampton a point for 24 hours at the top of the PL - well worth it IMHO!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The weather is looking pretty bloody grim as it stands through our game Saturday!! Fingers crossed the forecast changes a bit

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Looking forward to our game.
Arsenal have won 3 in a row and they were very good against Spurs, albeit spurs were very poor.
But have Arsenal turned a corner now or was it a flash in the pan and they have flattered to decisive.
It's our injuries again that worry me and we will need to play far better than we did against Palace.
It's all up in the air for this game, wish we had a full strength side out, happy with a draw but I will be ecstatic if we can get a win.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can see one of the big sides absolutely VIOLATING Man Utd. Sloppy defensively and naive tactically.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Nobody is desperate to 'stop us going top'. Its just that it isn't actually at all important, relative to our FINAL league position.

I have the teams in the league in three pots, in my head. Those that it is completely unrealistic that we could finish above, those that we COULD finish above, and those that I fell we SHOULD finish above.

'Pot 1' has less teams in it than it once did, but certainly Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool are ever-presents, and others will move into that group as the season progresses.

'Pot 2' is the likes of Leicester, Villa, West Ham, Everton, Palace, Leeds

'Pot 3' is Burnley, Norwich, Newcastle..

Unless you are a total fantasist, you've got to want Southampton (somewhere flirting between Pots 2 and 3) to fail to secure any bonus points against Chelsea.

Generally we want Pot 1 to always win against 2 and 3.

Games between 2 and 3 are tougher and depend on where we are in table at the time!

This is heart vs head stuff though.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This is heart vs head stuff though.

That’s true. It is. But I wonder at what stage Leicester fans began to ignore their head and listen to their heart the year they won the title. I’m guessing it was a lot later than six matches.

I’m still Team Head for now and, I suspect, a good old while yet.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I’m still Team Head for now

finbarr_saunders.jpg

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Hang on Saints!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Damn no pressure on going top then.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
lol . Yellow card for Watfords Dennis for taking the Micky out of Hooper’s eyesight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here