Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 2-3/10/21

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Bielsa sees the writing is on the wall for him at Leeds. I don't think he'll be sacked, but I doubt he'll sign another new deal next summer.

I worry about what will happen to his little translator friend if he goes? I've grown quite fond of him.

Bielsa:- "Err....éramos una mierda"

Translator:- "It was a tight game with many compressed areas in the midfield. We didn't use the ball intelligently enough or transition into attacking areas with enough intensity or belief. We have to work harder when out of possession to retain our shape and identify those moments that can change games."

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Hopefully:

Man Utd v Everton - DRAW;
Burnley v Norwich - DRAW;
Chelsea v Southampton - HOME WIN;
Leeds v Watford - AWAY WIN;
Wolves v Newcastle - DRAW;
Brighton v Arsenal - HOME WIN;

Palace v Leicester - AWAY WIN;
Spurs v Villa - DRAW;
West Ham v Brentford - DRAW;
Liverpool v City - DRAW.

Please.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It would be funny if Leeds, Soton and Newcastle all won. Especially if Leicester were to as well.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Man Utd 2-0
Norwich 0-1
Chelsea 2-0
Draw 2-2
Draw 1-1
Brighton 2-1 :rave:

SUNDAY
Leicester 0-2
Spuds 1-0
West Ham 2-1
Liverpool 2-0

If you fancy a bet on all of those predictions coming in you're either minted and just don't care
or related to Sydney. :rolleyes:

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Would like to see Norwich get something, don't want to go there with them having lost 7 on the bounce, we know how great we are at ending these streaks

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Would like to see Norwich get something, don't want to go there with them having lost 7 on the bounce, we know how great we are at ending these streaks

Well yes ... and that they're playing Burnley

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Going to be another tv weekend unfortunately….. for her indoors.
Feeling good about the arsenal game. 1-0 to us and the Reds may be happy with a draw as we scored too many against Porto.
Have to say , the Porto game was something special, against a decent team at home.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
How long until the fans turn on Bielsa? Probably got a while yet due to getting them promoted I guess.

Anyone from South America who can live in Leeds for as long as he has should get an honorary knighthood. Those living in Bolivian slums or Sao Paulo favelas probably have a better quality of life.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They started to turn on him last weekend.

#BielsaOut was trending on twitter for quite some time and, as we know, that is the metric that matters now.

#BielsaOut trends pretty much every time they don't win, I think. They use it IRONICALLY, I'm led to believe.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone from South America who can live in Leeds for as long as he has should get an honorary knighthood. Those living in Bolivian slums or Sao Paulo favelas probably have a better quality of life.

He doesn't live in Leeds, though.

He lives in a flat above Costa Coffee in Beverly.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
If you admins were doing your jobs properly, there'd be shiny new avatar of Zaha's face with his eyes popping out and on the verge of tears.

:dibley:

zahaha.jpg

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hopefully:

Man Utd v Everton - DRAW;
Burnley v Norwich - DRAW;
Chelsea v Southampton - HOME WIN;
Leeds v Watford - AWAY WIN;
Wolves v Newcastle - DRAW;
Brighton v Arsenal - HOME WIN;

Palace v Leicester - AWAY WIN;
Spurs v Villa - DRAW;
West Ham v Brentford - DRAW;
Liverpool v City - DRAW.

Please.

Why so desperate to stop us going top? A point (or even three) for Southampton could do us a power of good.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why so desperate to stop us going top? A point (or even three) for Southampton could do us a power of good.

Nobody is desperate to 'stop us going top'. Its just that it isn't actually at all important, relative to our FINAL league position.

I have the teams in the league in three pots, in my head. Those that it is completely unrealistic that we could finish above, those that we COULD finish above, and those that I fell we SHOULD finish above.

'Pot 1' has less teams in it than it once did, but certainly Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool are ever-presents, and others will move into that group as the season progresses.

'Pot 2' is the likes of Leicester, Villa, West Ham, Everton, Palace, Leeds

'Pot 3' is Burnley, Norwich, Newcastle..

Unless you are a total fantasist, you've got to want Southampton (somewhere flirting between Pots 2 and 3) to fail to secure any bonus points against Chelsea.

Generally we want Pot 1 to always win against 2 and 3.

Games between 2 and 3 are tougher and depend on where we are in table at the time!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Nobody is desperate to 'stop us going top'. Its just that it isn't actually at all important, relative to our FINAL league position.

I have the teams in the league in three pots, in my head. Those that it is completely unrealistic that we could finish above, those that we COULD finish above, and those that I fell we SHOULD finish above.

'Pot 1' has less teams in it than it once did, but certainly Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool are ever-presents, and others will move into that group as the season progresses.

Unless you are a total fantasist, you've got to want Southampton (somewhere flirting between Pots 2 and 3) to fail to secure any bonus points against Chelsea.

Games between 2 and 3 are tougher and depend on where we are in table at the time!

after a lifetime of laughing when pots 2 & 3 turnover pot 1; and then four years of hoping for the opposite, (usually forgetting); when can i rervert to my natural state?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
after a lifetime of laughing when pots 2 & 3 turnover pot 1; and then four years of hoping for the opposite, (usually forgetting); when can i rervert to my natural state?

Obviously, as soon as any team in Pot 3 becomes mathematically unable to catch us, we want them to win every game. Unless they happen to be Crystal Palace.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

A point for Southampton is neither here nor there - it could give us a bit of harmless fun, even if only for 24 hours - which would be quite long enough to give us the pleasure of Lineker being forced to show the league table on MOTD! After that, nature can (and almost certainly will) take its course.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here