Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 14-17/07/20

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Excuses. We absolutely stunk against City from the start with the depressing no-can-do attitiude (do you really think they're overly bothered about another FA Cup ?). Muff at least had a go, they regularly had 5 players in the City box.

We just Hughtoned it last week.

Not an excuse....just a fact. Were were shit though, and would have lost to that team tonight as well playing the same way

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
True we were awful. But I don’t think you can actually compare the performances.

However city were exceptional against us.

They were poor tonight and gave Bournemouth opportunities to grow into the game and have the confidence to commit players forward. They played at a much higher intensity against us and we folded.

Makes you wonder doesn’t it? Pep has praised Potter on numerous occasions and yet threw the kitchen sink at us. City were on the beach tonight.

One school of thought says their worst team still got 3 points against Plucky’s best, and spared the horses. The other says Pep would rather play them than us next season when they again challenge for the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Makes you wonder doesn’t it? Pep has praised Potter on numerous occasions and yet threw the kitchen sink at us. City were on the beach tonight.

One school of thought says their worst team still got 3 points against Plucky’s best, and spared the horses. The other says Pep would rather play them than us next season when they again challenge for the title.

I’m thinking it’s more about the timing of the games.

FA Cup this weekend so if we’d been playing them today might have been different.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Champions take the lead against mid table also rans. To be fair they should be beating teams like Arsenal

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Arsenal playing like idiots, playing short goal kicks and then pinging it long :lolol: They cannot escape this pressing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
True we were awful. But I don’t think you can actually compare the performances.

However city were exceptional against us.

They were poor tonight and gave Bournemouth opportunities to grow into the game and have the confidence to commit players forward. They played at a much higher intensity against us and we folded.

Although unlike last season, we frequently had six players in their half (weren't pressing enough though).

Not an excuse....just a fact. Were were shit though, and would have lost to that team tonight as well playing the same way

Agree to a point, City were not in top gear by any means tonight. Another factor of course is that Muff are currently ordering drinks at the Last Chance Saloon, so they might as well commit and go for it and give themselves a chance. I'm just so, so weary of our rabbit-in-the-headlights displays against City. There's just zero belief going into these games - and they've lost 9 times this season. Catch them on a bad day, ride your luck a bit, and you can get at them. But not if you go out there with the BHA 'damage limitation' exercise. Which worked really well, I must say.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

City played a full strength team and we had had games against United and Liverpool not long before. As a lower league team raising your game three times in four games against massively superior teams has got to be tough. Silly errors aside we did ok in the previous two games. This was the first game Muff had against a top team and that was a considerably weakened team to the one we played.

That said Bournemouth were very competitive but it was last chance saloon for them.

I am not going to beat up our players too much, although I was massively disappointed in our display against City. Going toe to toe was probably a mistake but it’s Potter’s way and sometimes it goes pearshaped. He will have learnt from this I hope

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Excuses. We absolutely stunk against City from the start with the depressing no-can-do attitiude (do you really think they're overly bothered about another FA Cup ?). Muff at least had a go, they regularly had 5 players in the City box.

We just Hughtoned it last week.

Oh well. We both still lost, we were both very highly likely to lose no matter how well we played, and they are still 5 points below us with an inferior goal difference.

Let's move on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

FA Cup this weekend so if we’d been playing them today might have been different.

Simply this.....dead rubber of a league game 2 days before a cup semi they’ll be going all out to win.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
If ever we needed proof that Liverpool are on the beach, that was it. Van Dyke caught sleeping!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Having just conceded a goal under the central press it’s clear Van Dijk isn’t good enough for Liverpool. :moo:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

I think that a more likely explanation is that he could quite happily play Laporte and De Bruyne against us and know that they would be fresh enough to play in their cup game at the weekend. He hasn't won the league this year because they have lost nine matches to Liverpool's two. Only one of those nine matches saw those two players start together. The Chelsea title deciding game when they lost to a late penalty and sending off, shortly after they had subbed Laporte.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I’m almost certain I’ve just heard Arsenal playing Triple H from WWE ring walk song before kick off for the second half? :lolol:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I’m cam enough about the City performance however, I expect much more commitment tomorrow night.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Win tomorrow and we are staying up. Pretty simple really.

If Villa fail to win, a draw will keep us up.

Would really love to win tomorrow though, keeping us up whilst taking us to within 3 points of Palace (presuming they lose).

Would be happy with a draw.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Very unlikely, but if Leno comes back in to the arsenal team I’d love Martinez, looks an outstanding keeper far too good to be a second choice, catches everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here