Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 14-17/07/20

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Yes Bournemouth gave it a go but they have still only taken four points from a possible 21 since the restart.

No prizes for efforts at this stage.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I really don't think it'll matter to them more than any other match. Certainly the fans regard Bournemouth as somewhat beneath their notice. There's nothing like the hatred for P*rtsm**th.

True it’s nothing like the hatred for Pompey.

However they always want Bournemouth relegated and I’m sure would give the fans a massive amount of satisfaction to send them down.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
....a half-hearted, much changed top team saving themselves for the cup........?

Excuses. We absolutely stunk against City from the start with the depressing no-can-do attitiude (do you really think they're overly bothered about another FA Cup ?). Muff at least had a go, they regularly had 5 players in the City box.

We just Hughtoned it last week.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In theory we can get mathematical safety tomorrow.

:albion2:

Come on Everton !

Come on Brighton you mean. 3 points will seal it either definitely or as near as damn it and we’ll have beaten the Scummers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I was wondering if there is a different standard for VAR to give a penalty or rule one out? There were two penalty calls for City, one was a penalty and wasn't given, one wasn't a penalty and was given. VAR didn't overrule the first error because it wasn't a clear and obvious mistake. It did overrule the second, which wasn't a penalty, but like the first one, also wasn't a clear and obvious error. It also didn't tell the ref to book Harry Wilson after a very clear and obvious error was made in not cautioning him for his blatant cheating. (If Bournemouth get relegated, watch Dyche try and sign him and tell everyone he doesn't dive)

So thanks to those on here who clarified the reason and cleared up my confusion. Simon Hooper can only make wrong decisions that will benefit Bournemouth. Pre-VAR football seems so long ago , so it's good to see that some things never change.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We still need 1 pt assuming Villa lose one more and muff win their remaining 2 games. Not mathematically safe but as good as with far better GD.
We can get that point tomorrow !

It's perhaps not the likeliest outcome, but safety can be finally assured at Southampton.... if Villa fail to win first.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Come on Brighton you mean. 3 points will seal it either definitely or as near as damn it and we’ll have beaten the Scummers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes of course, but for the mathematics to fall fully into place Everton need to not lose first.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Excuses. We absolutely stunk against City from the start with the depressing no-can-do attitiude (do you really think they're overly bothered about another FA Cup ?). Muff at least had a go, they regularly had 5 players in the City box.

True we were awful. But I don’t think you can actually compare the performances.

However city were exceptional against us.

They were poor tonight and gave Bournemouth opportunities to grow into the game and have the confidence to commit players forward. They played at a much higher intensity against us and we folded.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
The FA have royally ****ed up on VAR. They are so arrogant and have never consulted any other sport on the use of technology. The system could be good but our implementation is useless. Look at the people in charge if you want to blame somebody.
That offside decision tonight was a good case in point. In cricket it would be given as umpires decision and rightly so. It was not an obvious mistake and the goal should have stood.
The FA have never even spoken to Rugby, Cricket and Tennis. Not one conversation! Pathetic.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Although unlike last season, we frequently had six players in their half (weren't pressing enough though).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here