Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 13-15/08/21

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hats off to Brentford, a wonderful night for them.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Can't take too much from this game, the occasion, the new stadium, was always going to be special. Brentford deserve the win, their pressing game unnerved Arsenal and they've done their homework and capitalised. Will Brentford keep it up for the season, who knows, but you can't take anything away from them, they look unfazed by it all. Strength of depth might be an issue, they've just lost Ajer.

As to those having a bit of a crow at White, the kid was superb for us, he's a cracking talent, but now playing in a team where expectations and pressure are at a whole new level than they were at Brighton. He'll be fine, I'm sure of it, though I'll admit I was surprised to see him at centre back in a flat four. I'd take him back in a heart beat.

for £50M?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He's gone from having Dunk, Webster and Veltman around him to Pablo Mari and Callum Chambers :eek:

You have to think that if Arsenal intend to persist with 4 at the back, it could end up being a really bad move for him. Not enough opportunity to show his quality on the bail and his defensive deficiencies are exposed. He’s going to need absolute cast iron confidence and strength of will to survive in that role because the £50m price tag could begin to weigh very heavy indeed…:

No pleasure in seeing him flop. Hopefully, he won’t.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Even the fixture list is laughing at Arsenal

hahaha.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's fun to think we got one over Arsenal with the White deal, but will other suitors be so willing to pay so much for one of our players in the future if Ben doesn't make a success of it? I think we need Ben to succeed (even if we don't want Arsenal to - one of those looking good in a poor team situations maybe).

AFTV is fun. Been watching for the last 15-20 mins. Some new guy is saying "Wenger" a lot and I know that's how it's spelt, but I'm so used to hearing people pronounce it "Venger" (or properly, if you will).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We are 100% gonna lose to Brentford if they play like that. Pace , power, buzzing crowd. Dangerous at set pieces.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Don't get too excited Brentford. If you want to survive the Premier League you really should be beating teams like Arsenal

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Brentford are the new Huddersfield

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's fun to think we got one over Arsenal with the White deal, but will other suitors be so willing to pay so much for one of our players in the future if Ben doesn't make a success of it? I think we need Ben to succeed (even if we don't want Arsenal to - one of those looking good in a poor team situations maybe).

AFTV is fun. Been watching for the last 15-20 mins. Some new guy is saying "Wenger" a lot and I know that's how it's spelt, but I'm so used to hearing people pronounce it "Venger" (or properly, if you will).
On the other hand maybe no one will want to sign our players now !!! Great.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
White needs to stay well clear of any media for a while now for his own good!

I really hope for his sake he hasn’t been badly advised career wise and is a success there in the long run. Unfortunately for him though he is without doubt playing with worse defensive midfielders, defenders, keeper and manager than he was last season and it is already reflecting on him.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Can't take too much from this game, the occasion, the new stadium, was always going to be special. Brentford deserve the win, their pressing game unnerved Arsenal and they've done their homework and capitalised. Will Brentford keep it up for the season, who knows, but you can't take anything away from them, they look unfazed by it all. Strength of depth might be an issue, they've just lost Ajer.

As to those having a bit of a crow at White, the kid was superb for us, he's a cracking talent, but now playing in a team where expectations and pressure are at a whole new level than they were at Brighton. He'll be fine, I'm sure of it, though I'll admit I was surprised to see him at centre back in a flat four. I'd take him back in a heartbeat .
for £50M?

[tweet]1426274088461471749[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/CHOszn_/status/1426274088461471749

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here