Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 13-15/08/21

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
All too predictable.

Cue the sensational hyperbole of Brentford pushing for Europe and Arsenal going down… but having said all of that, it’s pretty funny seeing Arsenal perform so abjectly.

As for Ben, well as I suspected, he’s going to be in a very different and difficult place this season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Arsenal do not sign a centre back with an aerial presence then they are in for a very long and tough season.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If Arsenal do not sign a centre back with an aerial presence then they are in for a very long and tough season.

Difficult to justify when you’ve just spent 50 big ones on a CB… ermmm who’s not that great in the air. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Next up for Ben - Lukaku

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Said it to all my Arsenal supporting mates who thought i was bitter. White needs a leader next to him to play in a 442 or he’s only good enough in a 3 where he can carry the ball out from the back more. Again shows how underrated Dunk and Webster have been by Southgate and anyone who watches them.

Arsenal should go and get Cahill.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Tony has had a really good game, he will be judged on goals and let's wait for a few more games but even at Peterborough he looked good enough to play at this level and I said we should try and get him in.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
20210813_214715.jpg

This is an excellent sign and sums up Brentford's performance nicely. They've been exceptional and the new post covid dawn of football with fans has begun as I hope it will go on.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Can't take too much from this game, the occasion, the new stadium, was always going to be special. Brentford deserve the win, their pressing game unnerved Arsenal and they've done their homework and capitalised. Will Brentford keep it up for the season, who knows, but you can't take anything away from them, they look unfazed by it all. Strength of depth might be an issue, they've just lost Ajer.

As to those having a bit of a crow at White, the kid was superb for us, he's a cracking talent, but now playing in a team where expectations and pressure are at a whole new level than they were at Brighton. He'll be fine, I'm sure of it, though I'll admit I was surprised to see him at centre back in a flat four. I'd take him back in a heart beat.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If I remember rightly, Huddersfield started their PL season like an express train, but still went down.

Yup but we’ve been watching the Premier League for 4 years now. You can see when a team has quality. They’re a squad full of international players. Some really experienced heads in there. Genuine pace. High intensity. Top GK. Really good defenders. And Toney. Just my opinion like.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If I remember rightly, Huddersfield started their PL season like an express train, but still went down.
Nope, the season they started like that they stayed up by the skin of their teeth. Went down the following season with ease.

Brentford will stay up imo, but I called that long before this game.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
View attachment 139448

This is an excellent sign and sums up Brentford's performance nicely. They've been exceptional and the new post covid dawn of football with fans has begun as I hope it will go on.

They seemed to forget the format at electric, unless it’s the geordie wing of the Brentford supporters club…

Eeeeeeelectric like.

The guy in the grey sweater certainly isn’t bold, exciting or indeed electric… special however….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here