Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 13-15/02

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know I’m dreaming but Giroud could be our new improved Murray

At one point in the pre season it seemed they would ship out Giroud. Can you imagine what he would have done at the front of our team. Salary makes him seem very unlikely sadly.
I noticed that in the summer too, and thought it would be brilliant if we could get him on loan. The scorn that idea generated from a few on NSC was withering!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Did I just hear that right? Referred to our match on Monday as the A23 Derby, not the M23 Derby as they usually do. Still a crap name, but at least slightly more accurate :lolol:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Newcastle look absolutely clueless.

Having two clowns stealing a living in Joelinton and Carroll can't help.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still they have another chance to go ahead of us at the weekend.

I say chance........it’s Man Utd next for them!

Worrying, United have a grand total of one point from their recent games against the bottom two

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I just can't believe we are only 1 point above Newcastle.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
4 places higher, would be worth £8m.

If you know of a PL quality striker, better than we currently have, who is available for £8m, I suggest you get in touch with the club.

I would hope he would be here for more than one season.
Theoretically four seasons could equate to £32 mill or more if we can break into the top half of the table.
Think ahead.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I think a bunch of us have held up Giroud here as the ultimate Murray replacement for, years, literally.

I would still be in favour, but highly unlikely unfortunately.

I only have one source on this, a lovely fellow who by nature is positive about everyone, and he found Giroud to be a monumental bell end

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would love him at the Albion, but £105k a week wages price him out of TB’s model.

I’m sure a cheeky deal involving goal bonuses is possible. He just needs to watch highlights from any of our home draws this season to realise how much he’d smash any goal bonus scheme!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m sure a cheeky deal involving goal bonuses is possible. He just needs to watch highlights from any of our home draws this season to realise how much he’d smash any goal bonus scheme!

Remember, lurking in the transfer background there’s always Gold, Sullivan and Parish waiting to be robbed by a selling club and a savvy agent. Prepared to gazump imagined competition.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'll wager a quarter of cough candy and a quarter of cola cubes we finish above them.

Mmm! Cola Cubes? :drool:

A31A3647-33F2-438A-BDBD-DE758DE6784D.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here