Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-13/07/20

Burnley have conceded 47 this season - same as us.

They’ve scored 3 more than us.

Stats rarely reveal the clown nature of some of the goals though, cast your mind back a few days

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Stats rarely reveal the clown nature of some of the goals though, cast your mind back a few days
Nah that's just cos potter set up wrong Vs liverpool ....sadly it will be the same story tonight as we will try and play city at their own game on the front foot.

However when we want to be more compact and defensive we are bloody solid, see leics, wolves and sheff utd away.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The world’s most expensive ever keeper, loads of errors this season, also causing uncertainty for his CB’s.

Chelsea seemingly have an unlimited transfer budget this summer, I would presume that Lampard will be ruthless and get another keeper in.

There is also the chance that Roman will be ruthless. Chelsea have been a bit shit lately and struggled to close games out. Not the Chelsea way

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

For most of the match today, Burnley played 8 plus the goalie behind the ball, deep lying in and around their own 18 yard box. Happy for Pope to pull off save after save. With JR and Dwight McNeil seemingly alone in trying to nick a goal.

It worked.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The world’s most expensive ever keeper, loads of errors this season, also causing uncertainty for his CB’s.

Chelsea seemingly have an unlimited transfer budget this summer, I would presume that Lampard will be ruthless and get another keeper in.

By far the worst save % of all PL keepers as well, below 60% when I checked last week. Good chance David Button or Jason Steele would have been better.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There is also the chance that Roman will be ruthless. Chelsea have been a bit shit lately and struggled to close games out. Not the Chelsea way

Ziyech
Sancho
Havertz
Werner
A new goalie
A new CB

They’re beginning to blow out everyone, except for the Mancs times two, out of the water again.

Going to be very hard for Spurs, Liverpool, Everton or Arsenal to win silverware in the coming seasons. Imho.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone still think that Sheffield United will struggle next season and be in the relegation mix? I don’t

More likely that Lampard will get the tin tack imo

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yup^ They have been good at times this season, but I think they’ll struggle next year.

Chelsea are a shambles, they are signing all these attacking talents and still have a very suspect defence. Dunk is better than all of their centre backs, perhaps only Christensen is on par.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Anyone still think that Sheffield United will struggle next season and be in the relegation mix? I don’t

A lot of teams playing like they do find it harder to find that 10% extra energy in the second season when the novelty of it all is gone... I think if they get a rough start they might be in some problems, but most likely they'll be fine.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yup^ They have been good at times this season, but I think they’ll struggle next year.

Chelsea are a shambles, they are signing all these attacking talents and still have a very suspect defence. Dunk is better than all of their centre backs, perhaps only Christensen is on par.

It really is quite hilarious how most of the so called big clubs would greatly benefit with a commanding Dunk added to their back line.

He’s just not trendy enough. If he was “Dunkinho” Chelsea would happily slap in a £50m bid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don’t really see what Kepa did wrong there ??? Chelsea defence is a shambles.

Which Chelsea defender do I think is proper shitehouse and stealing a living, RooDigger or Zuuma?

I can't remember.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It really is quite hilarious how most of the so called big clubs would greatly benefit with a commanding Dunk added to their back line.

He’s just not trendy enough. If he was “Dunkinho” Chelsea would happily slap in a £50m bid.

I wonder if either Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton or Spurs will make the mistake of signing Mings this summer?

He could end up as the CB equivalent of Jordan Rhodes, with the grand total of transfer fees spent, bearing no relation to his competence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here