Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 03-04/10

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Every report on Traore says he is a forward, Samatta hasn’t left yet and the fact that Wesley is injured proves my point about strength in depth. They also have Davis who they rate as a promising youngster.

If you are going to accuse someone of talking guff it helps to get your own facts correct.

Samatta hasn’t left it ? He scored 2 goals for Fenerbache yesterday. I think you need to get your facts correct.

And Traore is a winger isn’t he ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
..... without Maupay we would be dead certs for relegation. With him & the current team can you really see us stepping up from the last 3 seasons & breaking out of the bottom 6?

No - but it was a response to a post suggesting we would be relegated.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We see the same pattern with Burnley and Palace every season, they start slow and look vulnerable yet they’ll be on 40 points by February. Sheff Utd do look dodgy, as do Fulham and WBA. Regarding Southampton, we’re just as reliant on Maupay as they are on Ings, an injury to Neal and we could be in a hole.

I have a feeling in my water we will sign someone.......maybe not a tried & tested Premier league striker but could be a Championship player in the next few days.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I genuinely don’t understand your fury here. Do you want everyone to agree with you and say ‘yeah we’re f&)ked, we’ve a disgraceful owner, terrible recruitment, awful manager, no chance’ I just don’t get the outrage and anger. It’s the best Albion side I’ve ever seen. Not world beating bu any stretch but pretty f?&kimg good. I think your expectation levels are a bit high. Would you reallly want Carrol, Gayle and Joelinton sucking up 150-200k a week?

My fury comes from every time I, or some other fan, expresses a genuine concern about the consequences of a long term injury to our only senior striker we get shouted down, accused of being palace fans etc.

I don’t want us to waste wages, of course not, but I do not want us gambling with our premiership future. That’s what it feels like we are doing.

We must be the only team in the top division to have one recognised senior striker. I hugely respect Bloom and Potter but for me I don’t understand that.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Samatta hasn’t left it ? He scored 2 goals for Fenerbache yesterday. I think you need to get your facts correct.

And Traore is a winger isn’t he ?

Haha my bad, okay I definitely got that wrong, the articles I looked at were from September. Oops!

Sorry!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I have a feeling in my water we will sign someone.......maybe not a tried & tested Premier league striker but could be a Championship player in the next few days.

I hope you’re right, I’d be delighted if we snagged a decent forward from the Championship, still got my fingers crossed for Josh King from Bournemouth. Not a superstar, but plenty of experience in the PL and knows where the goal is.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
My fury comes from every time I, or some other fan, expresses a genuine concern about the consequences of a long term injury to our only senior striker we get shouted down, accused of being palace fans etc.

I don’t want us to waste wages, of course not, but I do not want us gambling with our premiership future. That’s what it feels like we are doing.

We must be the only team in the top division to have one recognised senior striker. I hugely respect Bloom and Potter but for me I don’t understand that.

Fair enough, valid concerns, plus being accused of being Palace would wind any Albion fan right up.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
^Its almost as if we are in the midst of a global pandemic and support a club that already was losing money. Makes me laugh how easy people think it is to just go out and spend £30m+ on a striker :lolol: Like that guarantees success.

And yet we are apparently able to spend over £10 million on a Polish player and loan him back for the season?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I 03CFF4AA-33C6-4915-876C-043C1C6F0CFF.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here