Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prem manager for Southampton?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
IMO it doesnt matter who it is - Brown, Atkins etc. Given our resources, ground, training facilities and fan base (considering it's L1), any of these guys should be able to get us up either this season or next and possibly knock on the play off door in the champ.

My worry is our chairman. He's clearly a control freak. This photographer issue is making us a laughing stock.

I went on a tour of SMS yesterday (prezzie from the wife) and the tour guide dude reckons this job will be for a coach not manager. Salaries, new signings etc will not be done by the new man in charge. Could be a disuade a potential good manager.
Are you coming to Carlisle with us in a couple of weeks?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
IMO it doesnt matter who it is - Brown, Atkins etc. Given our resources, ground, training facilities and fan base (considering it's L1), any of these guys should be able to get us up either this season or next and possibly knock on the play off door in the champ.

Stick with Wendy then, he is one of the best coaches going or put Pardew back in charge if its that easy, it will save you pay off money. Many clubs habe great resourses and lots of fans, does not mean that success follows.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Redneb...you say a deserved point!!!

Bollocks...what game was you watching, you hoofed the long ball all night for Lambert and you got 2 lucky breaks, probably the poorest footballing side we saw at Withdean last season.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

My worry is our chairman. He's clearly a control freak. This photographer issue is making us a laughing stock.

I went on a tour of SMS yesterday (prezzie from the wife) and the tour guide dude reckons this job will be for a coach not manager. Salaries, new signings etc will not be done by the new man in charge. Could be a disuade a potential good manager.

Le Tissier had a right POP at the Chairman on TalkSport today. Something along the lines of "no-one in their right mind would want to manage us at the moment, given the current regime"

Something like anyway.

Whoever comes in, I can't see them lasting too long, unless by some amazing sequence of events Saints start slaughtering teams.

Nightmare job at the moment

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Redneb...you say a deserved point!!!

Bollocks...what game was you watching, you hoofed the long ball all night for Lambert and you got 2 lucky breaks, probably the poorest footballing side we saw at Withdean last season.

Oh crap, back to that are we. If I remember rightly, Alb started well and could have been 2 up but once you scored you sat back and we got more and more into it and duly equalised on half time. Second half we came out and were seriously knocking on the door. Puncheon missed a great chance. You then hit us on the break and we spend the remainder of the game producing laboured attacks but still had one or two chances. Equalised in last minute and all of my BHA chums agreed a draw was fair.

I agree we played hoof tactics on the night, but if you remember we thumped Carlisle at Wembley 3 days earlier by lumping it up to Lambert and it worked. Thats why we tried at that night. Not a reflection of how we played that season.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

perfect job for Wilkins then. He likes it when Chairmen do that kind of thing...........oh wait maybe not :lolol:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Le Tissier had a right POP at the Chairman on TalkSport today. Something along the lines of "no-one in their right mind would want to manage us at the moment, given the current regime"

Something like anyway.

Whoever comes in, I can't see them lasting too long, unless by some amazing sequence of events Saints start slaughtering teams.

Nightmare job at the moment

tbf he was spearheading the opposing bid for saints last year and this isnt the first time he's stuck his oar in.

The otherside of the coin is that you have a league 1 club with 32k ground, exc training facilities and a guaranteed kitty. Great opportunity to get a promotion or 2 on your CV. But your right, the chaiman issue is a worry.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
tbf he was spearheading the opposing bid for saints last year and this isnt the first time he's stuck his oar in.

The otherside of the coin is that you have a league 1 club with 32k ground, exc training facilities and a guaranteed kitty. Great opportunity to get a promotion or 2 on your CV. But your right, the chaiman issue is a worry.

Fair enough.

The other consideration is that Pardew wasn't sacked for purely footballing issues was he?*

*alledgedly of course

:jester:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I used not to give a damn about Southampton. They were one of those teams that were a bit - meh.

Actually, I still feel that way. f***ing hate Pardew with a passion though. I could quite cheerfully shove cocktail sticks up his jap's eye.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Fair enough.

The other consideration is that Pardew wasn't sacked for purely footballing issues was he?*

*alledgedly of course

:jester:

A slight understatement. I think he was sacked for purely non footballing matters.

NC would be the thickest chairman ever if that wasnt the case.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Adkins it is - he and his assistant have just quit Scunnny

so bye-bye Deano and Jimmy Mac on his way back to the south coast maybe?

A good appointment - should be enough to get them promoted

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Adkins it is - he and his assistant have just quit Scunnny

so bye-bye Deano and Jimmy Mac on his way back to the south coast maybe?

I bet there haven't been many instances of a manager of a club leaving for one in a lower division.

In fact, I can't think of any off the top of my head - any ideas?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here