Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's Post Match Comments - Did he really mean that?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Can be heard here

BBC Sport - Brighton 0-1 Middlesbrough

The bit I'm on about starts at around 1:40

The three teams (Ipswich, Borough, Birmingham) did nothing to win... even though two of them did, but he says if my team went away from home and done that, he would be disappointed.

Happy with the result, but not happy in the long term.

I think he's lost the plot. Surely he didnt mean that. Seems he would rather play well and attacking (bang your head against a brick wall football), not score and lose, then play ugly and win. And that's why I dont believe, (and haven't since last season) that he is a top class manager, that so many on here give him credit for.

Asked what if other teams play the same against us. We will have to deal with it. And there's the problem he can't.

We cannot play through teams that come and park the bus. That is obvious.

We cannot go over them as we have no target man.

We cannot go around them as he starts with all his wingers on the f***ing bench!

So how do we deal with it Gus??? You're the boss, f***ing sort it.

He then says if we score first/early we'll put seven past someone. Can't ague with that, its the ten games winless runs we have inbetween that bother me.

Then Middlesbrough boss Tony Mowbray says: "You have to prepare properly to face Brighton as they have an exceptionally good side"

Yer, prepare properly because their manager has no f***ing clue how to play against a side that does prepare properly, unless they are gifted an early goal, just as next bottom Ipswich, struggling Birmingham and now Middlesbrough have done.

I think anyone who sat through that today, and still think Poyet is our best ever manager or the man to lead us to the premiership, needs a serious reality check.

Keep the faith.... not no more.

Mr Bums

Jan 31, 2012
This man talks sense.

No way would we have lost with Tony Pulis in charge today.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The system we play, our style, led to

-Hammond being free, but heads the ball wide
-CMS being through one on one but spooning the ball high and over
-CMS to shoot over after Lopez and Barnes had shots saved

We had the chances to score and it was down to the individuals failing, not the system. It wasn't that Middlesbrough stifled us, or that they defended so well, stopped us getting through or behind them. The individuals just didn't do their jobs once they got through.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

We had the chances to score and it was down to the individuals failing, not the system. It wasn't that Middlesbrough stifled us, or that they defended so well, stopped us getting through or behind them. The individuals just didn't do their jobs once they got through.

This.

Fed up this evening but not going to join the couple of people's crusade to rid Poyet from our club.

Only criticism I have is Buckley should have started, but listening to Poyet he was concerned to play him 90mins due to his recent injury. You will have another chance to have a pop on Tuesday too probably as they have 100% home record.

It's a long season remember.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
This.

Fed up this evening but not going to join the couple of people's crusade to rid Poyet from our club.

Only criticism I have is Buckley should have started, but listening to Poyet he was concerned to play him 90mins due to his recent injury. You will have another chance to have a pop on Tuesday too probably as they have 100% home record.

It's a long season remember.
If that's the only criticsm you have of Poyet today, then fine. Go back into your cave and bury your head in the straw.

For whats its worth I can see Tuesday game going on of two ways. Either we get a spanking, or more likely come away with a point.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
So I take it we are all with Poyet.

We are happy to lose pretty, rather than winning ugly.

Fine, lets all settle for mid-table now then. :thumbsup:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
What is he talking about?

How Bham approached the game is how we have approached 90% of away games in the championship! If he actually played an attacking line up we would have put the ball in the net!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Was CMS spooning the ball over the same one as the one the keeper saved, or was it the one where Poyet went mad shaking his hands almost in prayer, when the reply clearly showed it was an excellent block/tackle onto CMS that full high and wide?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Was CMS spooning the ball over the same one as the one the keeper saved, or was it the one where Poyet went mad shaking his hands almost in prayer, when the reply clearly showed it was an excellent block/tackle onto CMS that full high and wide?

The one the keeper needlessly got his hand to because it was going over anyway.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
If that's the only criticsm you have of Poyet today, then fine. Go back into your cave and bury your head in the straw.

For whats its worth I can see Tuesday game going on of two ways. Either we get a spanking, or more likely come away with a point.

No thought we were too negative at home today and shouldn't have played both Crofts and Hammond, but I wouldn't be looking to sack our manager just yet thanks. We were still the better side, especially second half.

I knew you'd been on here like a shot tonight, a bit too predictable Mr burns.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
we either have a good side who currently play poorly or we are overrated by the opposition - i feel we will kick back harder and earlier this year,with a few additions to the sqaud i fully expect a play off place at worst.

it's the former for me.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Has our team Gelled yet? properly i mean,have the new players fully,fully fully settled? or was that opening 10 games against the mediocre of the division? i still have blind faith-lead me up the garden path Gus....manage England if you get the sack from Brighton-i know we would get to the WCF at least.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The one the keeper needlessly got his hand to because it was going over anyway.
Oh it was the one the keeper turned over the bar.

So I take it the "-CMS to shoot over after Lopez and Barnes had shots saved" must have been the one that the defender made a class tackle and the ball hit CMS and went over.... and then Gus did his little hissy fit until he saw the reply?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
No thought we were too negative at home today and shouldn't have played both Crofts and Hammond, but I wouldn't be looking to sack our manager just yet thanks. We were still the better side, especially second half.

I knew you'd been on here like a shot tonight, a bit too predictable Mr burns.
Well as I called the result today before I got to the pub, I would say that make both me and Gus to predictable. Which is why we probably haven't won at home in three games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here