Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's Hull Reaction video

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I now believe that Gus is not the god that some believe, he talks shit, it sounds like Bloom is preventing him from going still..
So much for his statement i will honour my contract stuff he came up with.

Lost respect for the guy fast.

He could have cleared this up very fast if his heart was with Brighton and Hove Albion.

So much for Tony giving giving him everything he wanted, he is a spoiled boy at the end of the day - good riddance.

1+1 = 356,247,912,043,551,282,459.06.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The only others I would want at the moment are Brendan Rodgers or maybe Martinez, neither of them are coming to us. Who else is there?

Thank you Mellotron, that post has really cheered me up!

It felt like it was taking FOREVER for us (not necessarily you and I) to takle to the style of football, where we pick a pass, look to play nice football, with skillful players rather than load the side up with physical size and a diet of hoofball. Nice to see that when the day does come (and it's not yet, not Wolves) we will have managers in mind who want to play a similar way.

It will be a sad day when we lose Gus, but if we replace him with an Adie Boothroyd, I'm not sure I could take it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thank you Mellotron, that post has really cheered me up!

It felt like it was taking FOREVER for us (not necessarily you and I) to takle to the style of football, where we pick a pass, look to play nice football, with skillful players rather than load the side up with physical size and a diet of hoofball. Nice to see that when the day does come (and it's not yet, not Wolves) we will have managers in mind who want to play a similar way.

It will be a sad day when we lose Gus, but if we replace him with an Adie Boothroyd, I'm not sure I could take it.

Haha sorry, it's not all doom and gloom. Tony was astute enough to get Gus in in the first place, I'm sure he'd do a solid job getting a successor in who was hungry and played good football, I just don't buy that it will be anything like as easy as some on here are making out. Exactly like the Murray situation.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Haha sorry, it's not all doom and gloom. Tony was astute enough to get Gus in in the first place, I'm sure he'd do a solid job getting a successor in who was hungry and played good football, I just don't buy that it will be anything like as easy as some on here are making out. Exactly like the Murray situation.

No need to apologise, I wasn't being sarcastic, that post DID cheer me up, that when the day comes we will as fans are so atuned to this style of football we will come up with managers of a similar style. I like the way Ridgers and Martinez try to play the game.

Also, completely agree that it won't be as easy as some people suggest. We've made enough bad appointments in the past to know it's anything but easy to get the right man at teh right time.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I read an article in last nights Evening Standard about the Wolves vacancy. About 50 managers were mentioned and Gus wasn't one of them!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I would be ecstatic if Gus stayed for one more season. He is fairly ruthless when it comes to getting rid of players who aren't good enough, and if TB gives him a good enough budget, we could see some really exciting stuff.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Some people are just not in the real world. Gus has done a great job with the Albion and hopefully it will continue. Lets get real, its a job to him, (and obviously a fantastic one at that!). If he does well we all want him but if it all starts going wrong people scream Gus out and he loses his job. So in the same way realistically, Gus will look at what is best for his career and his future. If a tremendous opportunity comes along then of course he is going to take it. However I don't think Wolves is that fantastic opportunity at this time. I also don't think we need to go into panic mentality every time a link to another club is mentioned or else we will be in permanent panic for the rest of the season!

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Too many people reading between lines that don't exist in that statement from Poyet. Basically he hasn't had the chance to talk to Wolves as it didn't get that far, so he's not going to talk about the Wolves job as theres no point! Why try and twist it into a story that doesn't exist? :shrug:

and this

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
If he is going to go, I just wish he'd get on with it. There are other managers out there equally as good as him; and the club will always be uppermost in my mind. Getting tired of all the constant speculation. Will he? Won't he? Just make a decision Gus. No doubt if he stays we'll be going through the same nause in the Summer as well.

Wow.

"Just make a decision Gus" - errr he hasn't been asked to make a decision on anything!

It's the drawback of having a successful team and manager. If you can't cope with that then I suggest you write a letter to Tony Bloom and ask for Micky Adams to take over, then you won't have any worries about clubs being interested in taking him!

Last edited:

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wow.

"Just make a decision Gus" - errr he hasn't been asked to make a decision on anything!

It's the drawback of having a successful team and manager. If you can't cope with that then I suggest you write a letter to Tony Bloom and ask for Mickey Adams to take over, then you won't have any worries about clubs being interested in taking him!

And there was me thinking Micky went to Leicester first time round. 2nd time round accepted.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
HOW AND EARTH ARE PEOPLE READING HE IS GOING FROM THAT INTERVIEW YOUR NUTS....ON THE BASIS OF ALL THE SPECULATION SO FAR IN THE MEDIA...HERE AND THE ACTUAL FACTS FROM POYET HIMSELF...I CANT SEE HOW PEOPLE ARE SAYING HE IS GOING....ENOUGH SURELY!

apols caps but som people are obsessed or just down right paranoid

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Genuinely staggered at the criticism Gus is getting over this situation. He has done nothing wrong and not gone back on anything he has said in the past. Why are people so keen to have him hanging from the gallows? He's the best manager we have had for donkey's, just can't get why people sound so keen for him to leave and us go back to mediocrity and not attracting interest from any bigger clubs :shrug:

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Genuinely staggered at the criticism Gus is getting over this situation. He has done nothing wrong and not gone back on anything he has said in the past. Why are people so keen to have him hanging from the gallows? He's the best manager we have had for donkey's, just can't get why people sound so keen for him to leave and us go back to mediocrity and not attracting interest from any bigger clubs :shrug:

The " Its out of my hands" comments wasn't the best to be fair. Having said that, I do not think anyone wants him to leave, do they ?. More people getting upset because they do not want things to change. Personally I only have 2 things that bother me about Gus.

1 - He needs to learn what he should and should not say to the press. ie Know when to keep his gob shut. I am sure he will get this eventually

2 - The man go's on about Leeds fans being great blah blah blah, and very rarely does he ever say anything about Brighton fans unless prompted. I am sure some will disagree but it is something that gets up my nose.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
The " Its out of my hands" comments wasn't the best to be fair. Having said that, I do not think anyone wants him to leave, do they ?. More people getting upset because they do not want things to change. Personally I only have 2 things that bother me about Gus.

1 - He needs to learn what he should and should not say to the press. ie Know when to keep his gob shut. I am sure he will get this eventually

2 - The man go's on about Leeds fans being great blah blah blah, and very rarely does he ever say anything about Brighton fans unless prompted. I am sure some will disagree but it is something that gets up my nose.

Blimey the poor bloke cant win.

1.Say something he gets critised, even if the only thing he says is that he has nothing to say because there is nothing to say because he wasnt part of anything that was said! :lol: and then if he doesn't say anything - ie not commenting to end the Wolves speculation, everyone says he should say something.
2. And on the fans thing, Totally disagree. He always comments on the fans, how important they are, how well they did etc. But on this point, I am not so sensitive as to need constant praise.???

Luv ya Gus

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath

But as my signature suggests. We just have to live with Gus being Gus

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blimey the poor bloke cant win.

1.Say something he gets critised, even if the only thing he says is that he has nothing to say because there is nothing to say because he wasnt part of anything that was said! :lol: and then if he doesn't say anything - ie not commenting to end the Wolves speculation, everyone says he should say something.
2. And on the fans thing, Totally disagree. He always comments on the fans, how important they are, how well they did etc. But on this point, I am not so sensitive as to need constant praise.???

Luv ya Gus

On point 1. thats exactly what I am saying. He is a young manager and needs to learn what he should and shouldn't say. " It's out of my hands " , and then quoted elsewhere as saying he still wants to stay etc. Why say "its out of my hands".

Point 2 - I do not think fans require constant praise. But by the same token they do not really want there manager banging on about how GREAT the Leeds fans are every time we play them. It is getting boring now. Next season will no doubt spout the same cack all over again.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
On point 1. thats exactly what I am saying. He is a young manager and needs to learn what he should and shouldn't say. " It's out of my hands " , and then quoted elsewhere as saying he still wants to stay etc. Why say "its out of my hands".

Because it was out of his hands. He was never asked about whether he wants to join Wolves, therefore there was no decision to make. He has stated his commitment to his contract in the past, why does he have to keep reiterating that?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Because it was out of his hands. He was never asked about whether he wants to join Wolves, therefore there was no decision to make. He has stated his commitment to his contract in the past, why does he have to keep reiterating that?

he doesn't ..som fans seem to need pandering too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here