Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's Hull Reaction video

Ziggy Rob

Feb 15, 2012
can't see why he just wont say he doesnt want the wolves job, of course its in his hands unless TB wants a change

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
can't see why he just wont say he doesnt want the wolves job, of course its in his hands unless TB wants a change

No one would do that- what happens in the future if Wolves became the next Man city and Gus went for the managers job then after turning them down? Wouldn't go down to well with the fans would it?

Redknapp said he hadn't been contacted by the FA when I know for a fact that he has.

Sent from my iPhone using the power of Greyskull

Ziggy Rob

Feb 15, 2012
Cant see why he wont just say he doest want the Wolves job of course its in his hands unless T B wants a change

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
He is going nowhere.

Poyet reveals Wolves approach :

Wolves is on the hunt for a new boss after the sacking of Mick McCarthy after five-and-a-half years in charge.

Steve Bruce and Alan Curbishley have been touted as the frontrunners for the vacancy at the Premier League struggler but Poyet also appears to have been on the radar at some stage.

Wolves had previously denied reports it has made an approach for Poyet who, though, spoke after his side's 0-0 draw at Hull City.

"There was an approach but it came and went.

"I didn't have any decisions to make, anything to think about. I was not involved at all.

"It was not difficult for me, I was not involved at any time."

The Uruguayan signed a five-year deal with the Championship Seagulls in September 2011 and despite admitting he is keen to manage in the top flight, he feels he could fulfil his ambitions at the Amex Stadium.

"I've said a few times that we all aim for the same - players want to play at the highest level, I want to manage in the Premier League," the former Chelsea midfielder added.

"At the moment the easiest way will be in the next two or three years or whatever it takes with Brighton.

"If we don't then I need to move on because I want to manage at the top. I'm not going to lie to people. I don't want to wait 20 years but it doesn't need to happen now.

"If something happens or comes along I will think about it, talk to the chairman - he's the main one - and we'll see. These are all the things you cannot control so I'm relaxed about it."

Having led Brighton to the League One title last season, earning the manager of the year award along the way, the 44-year-old is content to continue shaping the south coast club's future.

"I'm very lucky where I am," he added. "I can get the players for the style I play, I can get involved in the new academy and part of the building of the new training ground.

"It's a great place to be. I'm saying I'm not in a hurry, I signed a long-term contract because I want to be here."

Sound to me like it was a case of

RIIIIIING
Hi, Tony Bloom here
Ah, Tony it's...
f*** of you can't have him you midlands muppets. Try Dougie Freedman, I hear he wants a new job!
(Tony hangs up)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Just said on Radio 5, that Gus said the decision was out of his hands. What does that mean?

I now believe that Gus is not the god that some believe, he talks shit, it sounds like Bloom is preventing him from going still..
So much for his statement i will honour my contract stuff he came up with.

Lost respect for the guy fast.

He could have cleared this up very fast if his heart was with Brighton and Hove Albion.

So much for Tony giving giving him everything he wanted, he is a spoiled boy at the end of the day - good riddance.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I now believe that Gus is not the god that some believe, he talks shit, it sounds like Bloom is preventing him from going still..

He could have cleared this up very fast if his heart was with Brighton and Hove Albion.

So much for Tony giving giving him everything he wanted, he is a spoiled boy at the end of the day - good riddance.

Have you read anything in this thread? If anything, if he is a bit interested but won't resign etc, doesn't that completely show loyalty and honouring his contract?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He might want the Wolves job if they quadruple his salary and give him a £50m war chest. But as he says, it's out of his hands until an approach is made, the approach is approved and Gus discusses the role and gets contractual commitment to what's agreed. This is how the football world works. We are the ones who get all twisted and emotional because we have our heart and soul invested in it.

D

Deleted member 2719

Have you read anything in this thread? If anything, if he is a bit interested but won't resign etc, doesn't that completely show loyalty and honouring his contract?

No....I have not read thread totally i have just heard on Radio 2 that Poyet quoting that the wolves job "is out of his hands".

He could have just said......i am flattered but i have a mission with the Albion.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

What a strange post.

I think you're responding to a story which doesn't exist.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
A sauce has told me this morning (he is very close to someone at Rushdon and diamond) that Dougie is leaving the Caravan crew to take up residence at Wolves and that Gus is going to be the new Caravan Crew Manager. Rumour has it they are a big club going places and he has a nectar card, so the close location of sainsburys appeals to his wife. You heard it here first folks.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He could have said 'Wolves are a bottom 6 premier side at best in the forseeable & this time next year WE will have more season ticket holders & attendances will be higher in a LOWER division so I do not consider this to be a step up & am ruling myself out'
Starting to remind me of the guy chatting up a girl in a bar & asks her if she'd sleep with him for a £1m cash, she thinks for a while & says 'Yes, I would'
OK then,he says, would you sleep with me for just £1? She snaps back 'No, what kind of woman do you think I am!?'
He replies 'We know what kind of woman you are, we're just trying to agree a price'

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he is going to go, I just wish he'd get on with it. There are other managers out there equally as good as him; and the club will always be uppermost in my mind. Getting tired of all the constant speculation. Will he? Won't he? Just make a decision Gus. No doubt if he stays we'll be going through the same nause in the Summer as well.

I'm sorry but I can't agree. Who? Who's out there? This is just like when Murray left, loads of morons said "don't worry, we'll get another superb link up striker for £1m". Did we? Did we bollocks.

Gus is on his way to being a TOP manager. Real Madrid/Chelsea/Spurs. Its clear for anyone to see. Who else is out there? The timing to get Gus was perfect. The only others I would want at the moment are Brendan Rodgers or maybe Martinez, neither of them are coming to us. Who else is there?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Quite simply one of the dumbest things I have ever read on NSC. This season has been exceptional for manufactured outrage and mountain out of molehill making.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Too many people reading between lines that don't exist in that statement from Poyet. Basically he hasn't had the chance to talk to Wolves as it didn't get that far, so he's not going to talk about the Wolves job as theres no point! Why try and twist it into a story that doesn't exist? :shrug:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4741136 said:
I don't get it with Wolves, it keeps saying that Bruce is the front runner, why don't they just go for him then as he's out of a job and would cost no compensation :shrug:

It's totally assumptive but I reckon Wolves are hoping they can get someone better. I can't see Bruce turning it down, he can hardly aspire to anything better. But that twat Morgan wants everything his own way and is possibly deluded that the right Manager is all he needs to get European football and a return the the greatness of 50 years ago.

He should go for Keane, two peas in a pod, or maybe just do the job himself :lol:

Reckon if Bruce gets it will only be because they couldn't get anyone else

Too many people reading between lines that don't exist in that statement from Poyet. Basically he hasn't had the chance to talk to Wolves as it didn't get that far, so he's not going to talk about the Wolves job as theres no point! Why try and twist it into a story that doesn't exist? :shrug:

Agreed, also remember that sometimes Gus's thoughts get lost in translation too

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Wow some stunning replies, of course he is going to be interested in an approach from a premiership club but interested and accepting the job are completely different things. If Wolves came saying you can have a 10 year contract on a salary of millions and we have a war chest the size of the Greek debt he's going to leave, so he will want to hear the offer as it feed the ego, most in the football world have large egos but accepting the offer is another thing.

He will also be aware he is probably not ready yet for the Premiership (sticking with his story on taking Brighton up in a couple of years covers up his own inexperience) and Wolves will probably go down anyway.

I am absolutely convinced he will not be going to wolves but would you not listen to offers if a larger company than your present came after you?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Just said on Radio 5, that Gus said the decision was out of his hands. What does that mean?

It means it never became a decision for him to make. Wolves approach Tony, he politely declines to allow their approach to Gus. End of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here