Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyets gem of a signing on the way

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So, it would seem, that we haven't signed anyone at all today.

I cannot see how we can progress at this rate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you know something, or are you just speculating?

We couldn't afford him, we let him go on the cheap but he'd cost a fortune to bring back. I know a Norwich fan who reckoned he was their most improved player by the end of last season, they are gonna want silly money imo.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
for my own piece of mind reading the Argus article, to me Gus indicates that the 3 signings are done? and basically nobody knows who they are?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I don't believe for one second Gus would bring Murray back and for the record I think he is right.

1.Never go back(unless your name is Bobby Zamora, or player in question improved after he left Brighton).
2. I just don't think Murray is all that, he can probably hold his own at this level but that's about it and I would hope we are after better than that.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Think we all might be surprised by this "gem signing " if it comes off . Remember Jimmy case signing from the then champions of europe( Liverpool) it was a massive deal for us and 30 years on I think we could be in for a top (30 something ) premier league or other top leagues around Europe player , Milan Baros , Seedorf , Gilberto, Flamini , Owen who knows good fun guessing though

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Last season it was all about a marquee signing , why have we moved on to jewels ???

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Think we all might be surprised by this "gem signing " if it comes off . Remember Jimmy case signing from the then champions of europe( Liverpool) it was a massive deal for us and 30 years on I think we could be in for a top (30 something ) premier league or other top leagues around Europe player , Milan Baros , Seedorf , Gilberto, Flamini , Owen who knows good fun guessing though

It's completely different now, with the amount of money in the game that there is now.

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
The thing with signings this time of year is if the players contract is running out on the 30th June they cant annouce it until July 1st

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

We were in the old first division when we signed Case though and Lawrenson went the other way.....But forget divisions for a minute, what would be the same today, Dunk to Liverpool with Joe Cole coming to us????????????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here