Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyets gem of a signing on the way

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not for one minute saying it will happen but in Diego Forlans case his best years and earning ability are behind him being 33 years old. He must have earned a fair amount of money during his career and must be a fairly wealthy man so perhaps the chance to continue playing and the challenge of a club like ours with our buzz and potential, if that is sold to him, could entice him here.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Are people genuinely suggesting Diego "Golden Ball at the World Cup two years ago" Forlan?

Absolutely insane

(Please bump this later on when we sign him :laugh: )

Coincidentally, my dad got a text from a friend saying his friend had seen Murray at the Amex with Gus and Tano. Just passing on info

I've heard this as well.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Not a bad call that. Presumably he feels up to it and is looking for a club. The Championship might be a good move for him. Although horrendously injury prone it would be good if we could get 20 games out of him, any less might be a waste of time. Former full England international, ex Man U, Bayern and Man C and another incomer with Champs Lge experience. Would he have realistic financial demands, maybe pay per game?

Feels a bit like the debate on here about Jonathan Woodgate last summer and then Vicente coming to us apparently crocked but turning out 'ok'.

Hargreaves if anywhere near fit would be incredible. I still remember him at the 2006 World Cup virtually playing on his own against Portugal. One of the finest performances I have EVER seen in an England shirt.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Diego Forlán, 100% no hope.

He was awarded the golden ball at the last world cup and was bought in by inter too replace Samuel etoo, he didn't have a great season at inter but im fairly confident that a few other clubs might be able to offer more than what we can... :facepalm: We would of said we had no chance of vicente but that is still completely different from signing Diego Forlán.

Bobby Z would definatly be a 'gem' but i get the feeling this gem may come from foreign fields.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
On the Murray rumour, no way not ever. If he did sign and things started to go wrong for him the crowd would be on his back like an enthusiastic kid wanting a piggyback ride.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
. . . but if he started scoring loads . . .

he wouldnt need to score loads, just a carefully worded statement that "things didn't work out, i missed playng for a big club with ambition" and just score the winning goal at Selhurst, i think there maybe room for forgiveness.

kiss the albion badge in front of the holmesdale and then do the hand on forehead thing running past their fans, back to legend status!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Forlan and Zamora....wtf?

I'll have some of what you're drinking.

:drink:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's all a bit Deja Vu isn't it?..Poyet seems to come out with this every transfer window. Ok we got Vicente so fare enough, but to say "if both clubs can agree terms" is a bit silly. Surely that's the same with any deal, fact is our terms and theirs could be as far apart as Jordan's legs for all we know. Could be anyone, we offer 2million, they want 10....No deal, because we couldn't agree terms......

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Joking aside didn't Gus go on record a while go saying that an ex player had asked to return and would take a pay cut to do so?

I had not heard this...

...could it be...Benno...?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Much as I liked Murray, can you really see the Albion giving the Scum a transfer fee to bring him back here? More chance of landing Forlan imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here