Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Wanted By Portsmouth

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
off topic...Jamie O'Hara won nine player of the year awards at Portsmouth...a bit over the top in the Awards Season at Fratton Park methinks...

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
He wont go to pompey or s'hampton.... no fear
He might go to west ham... slight fear

Sign that contract Gus!.... 4 year! (watch out wordsworth!)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Must be a chance of this. Pompey with all their problems are still a much bigger club than us.

I'd be severely f ked off if it happens though.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
I Hope he does stay I can't be arsed with another new manager and another season in mid table limbo! Sign him up Tony Bloom!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Pompey with all their problems are still a much bigger club than us.

Don't agree. They were all the time we were at Withdean, but I fully expect that to change once we're sat in Falmer. And at the same time they are in free fall. I know who I see a brighter future for.

However I agree it would be a different proposition if West Ham came calling.

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
Must be a chance of this. Pompey with all their problems are still a much bigger club than us.

Really?! Much bigger?
Do they have more money?
Do they have a better stadium?
Do they have more potential?
Do they have more fans?

No, No, No and .... maybe.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
People keep mentioning West Ham.. why would they sack Zola, and then go for a similarly inexperienced up and coming manager? Surely they'd just keep Zola in the first place. I'm sure they'll be going for experience this time round.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'm sure it's just Poyets agent playing games to get a bigger/longer contract for Gus. He'll sign soon!

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
in a years time we will be in the same league (glass is half full), if not one higher, as portsmouth, with a better stadium, and more money

reasons for poyet to go to them? none

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would be a very strange one if he went. Who is running Pompey? Where would the money come to pay the compo, where would the money come to buy new players, where would the money come from to pay the players/managers.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Well in a years time Brighton will have a better stadium, will be in the same league as Pompey (Pompey going down again) and have money. Why TF would he go there.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
This is just a stupid paper story (oddly not from a stupid paper). I'd be amazed if this were to happen.

What has come out so far in the Portsmouth debacle is just the tip of a very nasty iceberg (allegedly). Points deductions and fines galore quite possibly still to come. Oh and no infrastructure-s**thole of a 'stadium', dog turd ridden training facilites. I could go on...

If this happens I'll absail naked from the Spinnaker Tower!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here