Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Wanted By Portsmouth

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
f***ing hell - 3 of us with the same post!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I think we all know that there are very few people in football that are loyal to the club in sentimental terms if a bigger or better comes rolling along, it happens but its rare, Poyet has not been a manager for 1 season yet and whilst its obvious he has the know how and talks the talk im not sure he is ready for the big time yet and it maybe a little while yet before the big clubs come calling,they will come and when they do i imagine Poyet will someday move on if we ourselves do not progress as a club.

The notion that he wont go to another club just because we have a new stadium being built is twaddle, if you were working on the shop floor earning 16 grand a year and the owner said oh can you run the company for me starting tommorrow for 100 grand a year you would take the job, no matter what experience you had.

Nothing in footballs money merry go round suprises me and while i would be smashed if he left us i wouldnt put my house on Gus not moving to another club, lets hope the pen hits the paper .

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Just sent a email to the sun regarding this article, as we mentioned as being Cash strapped Brighton, i stated that they should have better research team as we have managed to pay our players every month, spent money on players and paid £80 million for a new stadium which they will be ranting about in the future.
But Portsmouth who massively in debt and on a down spiral not mentioned as cash strapped, and i also mentioned that this incorrect articles can make players unhappy or managers but stated im 90% certain he will turn them down if they made a approach as they arent the old portsmouth as they will have no money to spend and be in league one in a years time.
Everyone send a email to the sun at

exclusive@the-sun.co.uk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just sent a email to the sun regarding this article, as we mentioned as being Cash strapped Brighton, i stated that they should have better research team as we have managed to pay our players every month, spent money on players and paid £80 million for a new stadium which they will be ranting about in the future.
But Portsmouth who massively in debt and on a down spiral not mentioned as cash strapped, and i also mentioned that this incorrect articles can make players unhappy or managers but stated im 90% certain he will turn them down if they made a approach as they arent the old portsmouth as they will have no money to spend and be in league one in a years time.

exclusive@the-sun.co.uk

Top top man - we shouldnt let bullshit papers like the Sun get away with it!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd rather the myth that we are cash strapped was peddled, to be honest.

Yeah but anyone we have player dealings with is gonna be a little more savvy than to believe that so where's the mileage in being thought to be tinpot?. I'm looking forward to the day papers big us up rather than run us down..not far away now I don't think. The opening of Falmer, if it turns out like the spin the club are giving, which I believe, should do the trick

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

exclusive@the-sun.co.uk

Cue;

"Our news desk had been inundated with messages from worried Brighton fans, concerned about the future of manager Gus Poyet, and adding substance to rumours of a move to Portsmouth"

etc

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I wonder if we will get a feature on some big football programmes - MOTD? Could be a bit embarrassing with masses of people walking around in tears, people being interviewed choking back the tears.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Seen latest comments on teamtalk that Bloom has warned Portsmouth off and Poyet even said that he isnt intrested in the Portsmouth job, what a surprise that is.
was never even worried, as they wouldnt been able to afford him anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here