Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Wanted By Portsmouth

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is just a stupid paper story (oddly not from a stupid paper). I'd be amazed if this were to happen.

What has come out so far in the Portsmouth debacle is just the tip of a very nasty iceberg (allegedly). Points deductions and fines galore quite possibly still to come. Oh and no infrastructure-s**thole of a 'stadium', dog turd ridden training facilites. I could go on...

If this happens I'll absail naked from the Spinnaker Tower!

Their training facilities are not in Portsmouth. They are by the airport in Eastleigh, and are fairly decent. The only turds on them are Michael Brown and his mates.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder if they've thought of Alan Pardew? :lolol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I would hope that Poyet saw enough at Leeds to know the long-term damage done by relegation from the Premiership combined with serious financial difficulties.

I'm pretty damn sure he wouldn't give the job offer the time of day.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought Poyet said he would only leave us if he received a ridiculous offer i.e. a Premiership side or the likes of Real Madrid.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
He wont go to pompey or s'hampton.... no fear
He might go to west ham... slight fear

Sign that contract Gus!.... 4 year! (watch out wordsworth!)

No chance of Gus going to Pompey and why would west ham take a chance with another inexperienced manager who has a managerial career of only 7 months with a mid table league 1 side.

Last edited:

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Their training facilities are not in Portsmouth. They are by the airport in Eastleigh, and are fairly decent. The only turds on them are Michael Brown and his mates.

That's not going to be a clincher for Gus though is it? Portsmouth don't own the facilities which is one more pointer to a club in deep trouble-as if we needed another.

Anyway the point is that Gus just isn't going to go there.

It's a non-story.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought Poyet said he would only leave us if he received a ridiculous offer i.e. a Premiership side or the likes of Real Madrid.

To be honest if he'd be tempted by Real Madrid then I'm sure he'd be interested in the Southampton job when Alan Partridge gets sacked next season.

They are similarly sized clubs, with almost identical fan bases and stadiums, and frankly who wouldn't want to work with Galacticos like Kelvin Davies, Graeme Murty and Papa Waigo N'Diaye?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why on earth would he go there?

Portsmouth is a sinking ship.
And the ship is on fire.

And the deck is covered in dog shits.

We've got as much chance as they have of being in the Championship next year.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Fratton Park or Falmer? ......... tough decision

fratton_park.jpg

11cf4bbb.jpeg

Yup, I don't know what I'd do.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So, is there a problem with Poyet's contract then?

Something seems to be holding him up in signing an extension, and this has now started to drag on. What is going on in the background that we don't know about?

:(

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Someone said he's away for a few weeks on some scouting trip...

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
So, is there a problem with Poyet's contract then?

Something seems to be holding him up in signing an extension, and this has now started to drag on. What is going on in the background that we don't know about?

:(

It was reported earlier this week that he'd gone abroad scouting for a couple of weeks. I assume that's why he's not signed yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here