Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Stadium of Light

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Early favourite at the bookies

The words 'do' 'serious' and 'be' come to light. No one wants to play for Sunderland, let alone manage them. Not the most attractive management position and of absolutely no interest to Poyet or anyone else desiring any quality of life.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm seriously worried about this.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If they come calling Poyet will at least listen.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's very very embarrassing for a Premiership side to be turned down by a Championship manager and then be forced to pick their second option. Sunderland won't make the same mistake as Reading. Gus is going nowhere. Reading and probably Sunderland are going down.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
This might *finally* put paid to the SundIreland plastics that fill the place up here, without ever having been to a game or given a shit before they were bought by Quinn et al.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
There should be a rule where at 10 games from the end of the season the compensation for poaching a manager should double after every subsequent game (i.e. 10-9-8 etc.). We could end up getting over a billion pounds for Gus!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Collymore tweeted he had spoken to Sunderland and they will have someone in place before their next match, sounded like they have someone lined up.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If Poyet spoke to Reading then if Sunderland come knocking I reckon he would talk to them. 40k crowds . Big club. If they stay up (which they should) , a new manager should improve their position and improve their CV. Being serious this would not be a bad job for someone to use as a stepping stone to the top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here