Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet slams booing fans (Merged)

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Albion boss Gus Poyet has slammed fans for booing his table-toppers.

Supporters at Withdean vented their frustration when the Seagulls trailed 1-0 at the break in today's FA Cup tie against FC United of Manchester.

That did not go down well with Poyet, with his side four points clear at the top of League One.

He said: "Maybe where we are in the league is a miracle and maybe some of the people in the stands don't deserve what we are doing, so I'm very disappointed today.

"Booing the team at half-time? I think they need to pay attention.

"I invite every single one who boos the team today to stay at home.

"They are getting an honest team on the pitch, so be careful because I can get fed up as well.

"If you don't understand football then maybe you expect to win seven or eight nil, simple as that."

Oh dear, he sounds very pissed off.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Good on him. Some fans need to realise that we are top of the league and Poyet and Tano are the men who have led us there with the style of play they have introduced. If fans don't like it then go back to watching premiership football and not bother coming to watch the albion when we are all of a sudden playing well in the league because we simply dont need fans like you!. If fans continue to boo and act like knobs towards the team then Poyet may think about his position at the club if he is getting fed up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Was he telling our fans not to lavish his team with praise when they were singing "we're f***ing brilliant" at Peterborough.

It's heresy, but I think he needs to man up. We played shit against a division EIGHT team. And people paid money to see it.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There needs to be some context.

Boo'ing at half time? Idiots.

Boo'ing after 90 minutes losing to a team 112 places lower who are part time, had a player sent off, and on the back of two games against non league opposition we also failed to win, I can understand.

Poyet needs to man up. Don't want criticism? Don't play shit players and draw at home with a shit non league team on a par with Hastings United...

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
There needs to be some context.

Boo'ing at half time? Idiots.

Boo'ing after 90 minutes losing to a team 112 places lower who are part time, had a player sent off, and on the back of two games against non league opposition we also failed to win, I can understand.

Poyet needs to man up. Don't want criticism? Don't play shit players and draw at home with a shit non league team on a par with Hastings United...

Agree - Pathetic result and the fans have every right to boo!, Gus - Chill out FFS!

Feb 14, 2010
Every club has supporters that like to be miserable. Brighton have loads of them because of our history over the last 15 years. As Falmer comes, the miserable nature of some fans will go and drowned out by the extra new fans who will be seeing the club rise. As such Gus should ignore them, but those that boo a manager that has put us top of the league above Shef Weds, Charlton and Southampton have just embarrassed themselves

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not sure I like Gus threatening the fans.

"I can get fed up as well." Hmmm.

Man's a God but don't stoop to that Gus.

Exactly.

Don't start threatening the fans Gus.

I love Poyet, I just get the impression he is a little temperamental and prone to a few knee-jerk fall-outs. Hopefully he won't fall out of love with us, but his record so far does not give his teams imunity from criticism when they can't beat a bunch of part-timers.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We have been here already this season (when people were moaning about the style of football). Think there will only be so far can push Poyet before he says sod it

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Also, If he want’s to manage a top team in the prem but can’t handle booing from us then he should take early retirement after us as the abuse will be ten fold if he manages a bigger club and under achieves.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
People have a right to boo, Battipiedi and Hart come on to try and change the game in our favour? Somehow i don't f***ing think that's going to work ? Sandaza done well but wouldn't you bring Smith on instead of Batti or Hart ?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would never moan about our style of play. I love it. And I didn't boo today.

But, it is not like the team got boo'd after drawing at home with someone like Wednesday or Charlton.

Gus is still learning and part of being a manager is taking the rough with the smooth.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I agree with Poyet in general about boo boys, but I think in this case he is wrong to criticise them. The contempt he has shown the cup competitions is completely ridiculous. I don't really care about League, and couldn't give a toss about JPT, but I'm pretty pissed off about his attitude towards the FA Cup. Having already drawn against non-league opposition twice in the competition, regardless of league position I think fans have a right to be pretty pissed of when it starts happening a third time.

Perhaps Poyet would like to stand at the exits and hand back peoples tenners, if they hadn't paid money for a game that Poyet and his staff clearly couldn't give a f*** about they probably wouldn't feel inclined to boo.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It's partly down to expectations - I think people assumed we should beat this lot by a shed-load of goals, but it was never really going to be like that. I saw some of ir one the web, and it didn't look too bad to me, seemed like we had quite a few chances and could have finished it off.

People are paying, so probably have a right to boo if they want, but it gets nobody anywhere - I'm sure the players and management know it wasn't great, they don't need telling.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
EH!?
Were you AWAKE at the game!?
Hart dramatically changed the game. Christ. OPEN EYES PEOPLE.

There's no point in trying to post sensible opinions here. Gary Hart will never ever get any credit for his hard work on Nsc. He is shit says everyone (so therefore must be true)

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
After saying it was "disrespectful" he then went on to say he may play the reserves in the replay thereby disrespecting The FA, the history of the cup, FCUM and our own traveling fans.

It was not the system being booed or being top of the league or Gus or Tano but the steaming pile of shit that our players were today.

Absolute f***ing rubbish, give me my tenner back (and they can all come round and clean my windows)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here