Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Open to Kaz Loan - Argus

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I just looked over this story again and I did miss something out:

""LuaLua seemed to be on the brink of a seven figure move south a week ago after proving his recovery from a broken leg"

Suggests no medical problems?

As i keep saying...

He has not had medical.

It has not reached that stage.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As i keep saying...

He has not had medical.

Yes he has.

And since then there have been further negotiations. It's quite possible that another medical might be required following those, but he HAS had one.

That is my understanding from as reliable a source as is possible.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
As i keep saying...

He has not had medical.

Yes he has.

And since then there have been further negotiations. It's quite possible that another medical might be required following those, but he HAS had one.

I think you two should have an arm-wrestle to sort this one out. Or play paper, scissors, stone or something.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Yes he has.

I think Newcastle want more money for KLL. Plus Appearance fees, selling on fees etc. I have a feeling we're in for a long wait, and we've got to be very patient with this deal to go through.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Thanks for posting this... very disappointing. Newcastle taking the piss by the sounds of it.

Faith in TB & GP though to make the right decisions though.

Not Newcastle, its Lua Lua's Agent who keeps upping the anti even after an agreement is reached. Until the ink is on the contract, he's free to advise his client of this tact and bearing in mind his clients young age who probably hangs on his agents every word means that the agent will push this one as far as he can go. I've heard that agents are not very moralistic as far as a gentleman's agreement is concerned...As if !!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Can I just say that I have no idea whether he's had his medical or not, no idea what the reason is for the delay, have never talked to an agent, know about as much about contract negotiations as I do about knitting and don't know anyone connected with the club in a professional capacity. I hope this helps.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I thinks its quite significant that Kaz has signalled that he wants to come here, and he has said explicitly, its here or Newcastle for him. I know they say there is no loyalty in football, but this can only work in our favour in terms of negotiating a transfer, particularly as he only has a year left on his contract.

Pardew wanting to have his cake and eat it at the expense of a young player's career is really not on, and I think he can only keep this up for so long. I hope anyway.

Dingo, in fairness it doesn't matter what the players say, its down to agents (they want their cut to be as big as possible). I have a horrible feeling there's another team lurking yet to show their hand publicly however I so hope to be wrong. If a team came in with a higher bid and improved financial terms for the player, unless we match or better it then he'll be donning another teams shirt. Pray God I'm wrong that this will happen but its still an option until he puts pen to a Brighton contract. Don't forget the majority of agents would sell their Grandma if the price was right.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have a horrible feeling there's another team lurking yet to show their hand publicly however I so hope to be wrong. If a team came in with a higher bid and improved financial terms for the player, unless we match or better it then he'll be donning another teams shirt. Pray God I'm wrong that this will happen but its still an option until he puts pen to a Brighton contract.

Well, you usually are wrong if your "Poyet to Chelsea, done deal, will be announced tomorrow" revelation was anything to go by, so I won't lose too much sleep at your latest punt.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Our obsession with this deal hasn#t helped. Everyone knows how desperate we are for him so obvious everyone pushing us on all angles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here