Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Open to Kaz Loan - Argus

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
So then. In summary, "Eeez complicated"!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does nobody think that it us dicking Newcastle about, possibly legitimately, with a dodgy medical etc.

The same way, when buying a house, a purchaser returns to a vendor with a revised lower offer when the survey throws up some things that need work.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely though, if we take him on a season loan, he will sign for us on a free when the loan is up and his contract ends?

I would have thought Newcastle would be better off getting something for him now.

As he is under 24, won't we still be liable to pay a fee which could be determined by tribunal if we don't agree. Newcastle would probably say that we were prepared to pay x amount when he was unproven at Championship level and now he has had a successful first half of the season, his value would be enhanced!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I really dislike Alan Pardew.

As much as I can't stand Pardew, surely it would not be him doing the negotiating? I presume it is Ashley and his cronies we're dealing with.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does nobody think that it us dicking Newcastle about, possibly legitimately, with a dodgy medical etc.

The same way, when buying a house, a purchaser returns to a vendor with a revised lower offer when the survey throws up some things that need work.

My impression of the situation exactly.

Stumpy Tim

It doesn't sound like Newcastle are dicking us around at all. Everything was agreed, including a fee. Unfortunately KLL failed a medical and now the Albion want a cheaper price. If anything, it's us dicking them about - though with a lot of justification.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I was under the impression (maybe incorrectly) that his medical was carried out before last Friday, when he was 'likely to sign today' and 'on the verge of signing' by all accounts. It doesn't add up. It's so frustrating.

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex

I think Bozza's right here - legitimately, we're trying to get a reduced fee due to the issues which may (or may not!) have come up in KLL's medical. I reckon it's effectively reset the negotiations and we're back to square one.

As fans, we should give thought to poor ol' Kazenga, he must be feeling totally in limbo right now. Using Bozza's house buying analogy, those of us who have purchased houses in a chain know what it's like waiting, waiting, waiting for that call from the solicitor to say you've finally exchanged contracts - it's a strange feeling where your life is literally on hold.. I can imagine KLL feeling similar to this right now. I feel for him... hopefully the quicker this can get sorted, the better for him and ultimately us!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It has to all about the medical. Either the club think the fee is too high for a player that has shown a problem in the medical OR more likely I suspect we can't insure him because the insurers won't cover him given the medical results. We therefore either take a flyer, get the fee down or go the loan option.

However as others have said given him to us on loan is the same as a free transfer almost given his contract ends next year. I think therefore it will go to the wire but we will sign him on a reduced fee.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I agree. He will be with us one way or another, adn im not so concerned about the wait, he knows how we play etc so will need very little bedding in time unlike other new signings. Im quite happy with that story.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think we'd be a bit naive to think Gus isn't naive to be honest. He's a rookie manager, thats why managers often start out with lower division clubs, to make their mistakes and learn from them.

In fairness it was Kaz who came out publicly and said he wanted to come here and Gus had little option but to respond to that. Newcastle wont let him go on a free so they have to sell him this season. No worries

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Loan would be bollocks.Half of me would be hoping he dosn't play well so he dosn't get too noticed.
Also why can't they sit down and agree a price?.surely if Newcastle want more than we are offering we have to go back to them or nothing will happen.........but like everyone one else -I know diddly squat about these things.

Last edited:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
What ever the reason, I am getting that uncomfortable feeling about this one. I am not blaming us or them until we know the facts. But it could be any number of reasons, and I wouldn't trust Ashley as far as I could throw him.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
How do we know it is pardew and Newcastle messing us about ? It could be a number of things. Agent ? Perhaps we are now offering less after his medical ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here