Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet on brink of signing new deal

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Bloody brilliant news, The way he's got the team playing & the general positive atmosphere created by his tenure we should give him anything he wants to stay

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
it sounds like to me he is not very loyal to the cause. the contract was offered and he is delaying over signing it? tear it up and tell him to leave. we cannot compete with real madrid. only people who are 100% committed to the cause should be here.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Southampton were barely on my gaydar until fairly recently. But ever since they were relegated from the Prem, as a club and set of supporters, they seem to operate under the fanciful delusion that they are in fact still a Premiership club, just with the small inconvenience that they're not actully IN the Premiership any more.

The Pardew factor has obviously added to their all-round stench. Then trying to weasel out of a points deduction by claiming it was their "holding company" in adminstration, not Southampton FC. Like that was ever going to work. And what put the tin lid on it was within weeks of having the majority of their debts written off and coming out of administration, they spunked a MILLION QUID on ONE player.

If they somehow managed to nick Gus, I think I'd go ape and raze St Fairys to the ground.

Would it be fair to say you hate them as much as Leeds? Or replace Leeds as a really hated club by BHA?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would it be fair to say you hate them as much as Leeds? Or replace Leeds as a really hated club by BHA?

Leeds, Southampton, Palace, Pompey. There are just SO MANY reasons to despise each and every one of those clubs that to be honest I find it impossible to "drop" one for another, or even put them in a particular order of scumdom.

Southampton are a relatively recent addition to this list, but their inclusion is RICHLY deserved. All four clubs are cheats, thieves and leaches who have / are artificially maintaining themselves further up the League ladder than they deserve to be.

I wish a pox on all of them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leeds, Southampton, Palace, Pompey. There are just SO MANY reasons to despise each and every one of those clubs that to be honest I find it impossible to "drop" one for another, or even put them in a particular order of scumdom.

Southampton are a relatively recent addition to this list, but their inclusion is RICHLY deserved. All four clubs are cheats, thieves and leaches who have / are artificially maintaining themselves further up the League ladder than they deserve to be.

I wish a pox on all of them.

I'm not disagreeing with you, at all, but do you also include Leicester, Stockport, Bournemouth [into admin TWICE], etc..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not disagreeing with you, at all, but do you also include Leicester, Stockport, Bournemouth [into admin TWICE], etc..

Leicester certainly. Specially as they relegated us with their Premiership squad.

I'm not all that well-up on the ins and outs of whats gone on at Stockport and Bornmuff to make a judgement tbh, although they've been dossing round the arse-end of the League for years now so I'm less inclined to spray my bile in their direction. They're not "billy big bollocks" clubs who've had a taste of the high life and bankrupted themselves chasing after it again, like the others on the list.

Easy - Easy on the St Mary's bit. You would do well to read Gwylan's thread. :jester:

Must've missed that one...link ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ahh, I see now B of F.
Well, as long as they leave Gus alone they'll be fine.

:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No.
Slade was never Blooms choice in the first place. Gus is.

End of.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Hope he signs but also hope Bloom hasn't given him a deadline!!!!!!!!

I do wonder what the point of your constant anti Poyet remarks are. You obviously have some connection to Forster to keep bringing him up and no doubt you see this and the Calderon situation as a chance to show how badly Forster was treated. However, it is just getting boring. Forster has gone, as has Calderon now too. Whether they were wronged or in the wrong they are no longer at the club so get over it. We need to get behind Gus now as he seems to be building for the long term future of the club and hopefully will find the right players in the summer as he has generally done in his time here so far.

As for the original point of the thread, it would be fantastic news if Poyet signed a three or four year deal. In answer to the question about sticking by him if we have a bad start, haven't we had enough managers in recent years? I hope that Poyet will be given the time he needs even if that means mid table next season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember most fans being desperate for Mark Mcghee to commit himself after we stayed in the Championship, most of whom were baying for his blood within a year. We are a fickle bunch, I wonder if there will be as much love gushing Gus' way this time next year.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are you sure? It was Bloom's money that was proping up DK so you can bet your bottom dollar that Slade wouldn't have got the job without his agreement.

Bloom went along with it, clearly. But I don't think Slade was by any means TB's preferred choice. Poyet, however, is 100% Blooms appointment.

After he kept us up then there was no way Slade was going to get the bullet then, but I get the impression Bloom wanted someone more high-profile in line with his own ambitions for the club, with Falmer round the corner. Slade is a lower-league firefighter, so when we started drifting back to the lower reaches of the league, it didn't take Bloom long as the new chairman to make his first big call.

Poyet will get more leaway simply because Bloom is the guy who appointed him. He'll have more faith in him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here