Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet - Now its time to get SERIOUS

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Delighted with Poyet and his number two. But I think if he succeeds with us, he'll be off to a bigger club at the end of the season.

If, as I expect, Poyet does very well over the next six months, I trust Mr Bloom will persuade him to sign a contract extension, as I note today's expires in Summer, 2011.
I've never been to the South coast of England. I quite fancy a trip to see promotion chasing Brighton next season.

Zeke Rowe's shoes

Oct 21, 2008
Bath
He will only be successful if he gets us promoted to the Championship. If that is the case, then I guess he would have earned a "big" move. Surely better than us struggling and having to sack managers.

Hopefully he will be a success and the prospect of Falmer will keep him at the club for a while...

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
This is a fantastic and bold appointment by Bloom. You would expect nothing less. Bloom has AMBITION and has set the Bar high. I just wish some of our fans would share in his ambition and stop being so apologetic and accepting of SHIT.

We CAN get to the premiership and we WILL. We can be a big as Portsmouth, Wigan, Hull , why the hell not ?.

We should NOT be satisfied with scratching around at the arse end of the 3rd division and aiming as mid table as some sort of wonderful achievement with a 22500 stadium just over a year away.

Slade ?, he did well last season but this season was UTTER cack. Nice guy yes, get us promoted, no way.

I hope Poyet will bang some heads in the next week. Slade was liked but not respected. Slade never played a professional game of football in his life.

Poyet 187 games for Chelsea and Spurs and 54 goals. Also 26 games for Uruguay and 3 goals. The pedigree is there and maybe Dickenson and Cox and the like will respect that record.

I predict great things and can still see a play off push this season now.

A 3rd round FA Cup game should be on also.

Bloom has set his stall out with his first appointment and it is very exciting.

Great times ahead for the Albion.

Agree with every word!!!!!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No management experience, never played at this level before, no budget for players if Coppell rumours are true, and a friend of Dennis Wise.

Conference here we come?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You'll probably all be calling for his head by Christmas...

No.

This appointment is a real statement of intent from Bloom. I am very excited by it. No disrespect but the previous set up of Slade, Booker and White was very much lower league this set up is in a different league altogether, literally.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All sounds good but I'm not gonna get too excited until I see what changes he brings to the team. I expect it will take a MINIMUM of 12 games before we see the team consistently playing the Poyet way, whatever that is.

Brave appointment and a bit of a gamble. He's gonna need to get some defenders in on loan pretty sharpish though

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No management experience, never played at this level before, no budget for players if Coppell rumours are true, and a friend of Dennis Wise.

Conference here we come?

I can already sense rumblings in the bowels of ARS HQ, Ernest sitting over his keyboard drafting something about clueless South American coke snorting clowns in the dugout after we lose at Southampton.

:angry::tantrum::angry:

bobbybighead

Jun 7, 2007
This is a top notch apointment what a team well done Mr Bloom. So what if he leaves for a bigger club it will only happen if he does well wont it and after he has turned things around. Cant see our lot arguing with Gus. Playoff spot her we come you watch.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
He's starting off with what is effectively a 10 point handicap to get in to the play-offs. It's a massive ask. I reckon he can do it though.
Massive pat on the back for TB. Been a while since anyone has been able to attract a decent name.
Good luck now Gus.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Great appointment. No doubt, and also think the coaching set up will be first class too.

Top man Tony Bloom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here