Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Honestly think you guys are getting wound up over nothing, Can't see Gus going to Reading.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

This!

Attacking football would be an improvement.

Di Canio would NOT be an improvement. And I don't say that because I'd be offended by him, but because he is nothing like as good a manager as Poyet is.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Either RDM or Martinez (if Wigan relegated). Ideally though, Gus to stay!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Do Canio would NOT be an improvement. And I don't say that because I'd be offended by him, but because he is nothing like as good a manager as Poyet is.

Our views have often differed but for once I agree wholeheartedly with you on this.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Nigel Adkins been waiting for this opportunity, good Manager and has come from a club of similar football ideology. If Gus goes, he will be a good replacement, although a Spanish interpreter will be required!

You're right but, personally, I can't stick the man.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I can understand his pimping himself to Chelsea and Spurs every chance he gets - but a Reading destined for the Drop? Why did he even want to talk to them?

It is all speculation currently, he may talk to them does not mean he will take the job. He may have said thanks but no thanks, lets wait until OUR club make a statement before we worry.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
You're probably right - it's really interesting though that the general consensus on here is 'meh'. I thought when this day came NSC would melt down... not the case apparently.

Think that will change if he were to actually go rather then just being able to talk to them

D

Deleted member 22389

Do Canio would NOT be an improvement. And I don't say that because I'd be offended by him, but because he is nothing like as good a manager as Poyet is.

I don't want him anywhere near this club.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm gutted for Tony Bloom. He's pumped in money and supported Gus in every conceivable way, and here we are post-Palace with every chance of a play-off place when this happens. Indeed, we have the crucial 6-pointer with Forest in just 10 days time - lose that match and we face an uphill battle.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Di Canio is a Fascist. He has openly said so. I don't want him anywhere near our club. You've got to be able to have some sort of kinship with those in charge. Anyone but him, as far as I'm concerned.

I quite agree. Wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Not Adkins, please.

Seriously worried this is more than just a rumour now :cry:

Thing is its too late in the season for anyone to perform the miraculous and rescue Reading from demotion, but as posted earlier the parachute payments are worth thinking about.

This will shock the Amex if true, the players could be rocked on their heels too. Will be keeping an eye on all news channels!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
This is why we guaranteed a striker before the forest game its blooms sweetener :).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here