Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I don't understand why the club were give Reading permission to talk to Gus - unless it's part of his contract of cause.

I'm still hoping it's all a load of crap to be honest.

I can understand his pimping himself to Chelsea and Spurs every chance he gets - but a Reading destined for the Drop? Why did he even want to talk to them?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Poyet backed for Reading job...

Nothing surprises me.
Thing is, if Reading are relegated, they will have a huge pot of money next year from parachute payments.
I wouldn't be surprised if TB has for months been sounding out prospective candidates. And I would expect an amazing replacement. Maybe Martinez.
Calde to be promoted. To what exactly, I don't know.
As the OP said, in our history, this would just be a blip. Sad, but a blip.
Personally, I think GP would be bonkers to leave at a time when the club is on the crest of a wave. Nay, tsunami.
But, as he says 'Thats football'

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He wont go anywhere right now, we've got the rest of the season with him at least!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
"Hello Mr Bloom Reading here, may we talk to Mr Poyet?"
"Go right ahead."

"Hello Mr Poyet, Reading here."
"Hola."
"Would you be interested in talking to us about being our Manager?"
"No!.........Don't you know I'm on the Telephone Preference Service list."
"Oh sorry, ok, goodbye."
"Goodbye." ( Bloody unsolicited Phone calls, still at least it wasn't from the sub continent.)

:wrong:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

Was Reading one of the only top jobs that Gus claimed he might be interested in?

Thought not!

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Are we really to take this seriously?

Was Gus looking up at the West Stand as we romped to victory on Sunday really him taking in the atmosphere of his last game in charge?

I'm a little surprised no one seem that bothered at the prospect of Gus going. I for one will be totally gutted.

Possibly yes, I posted something on another post about Gus coming out of the tunnel 20 mins after the game on Sunday, looked to me as though he was having a last look. Also his strange post match interview with some weird quotes did seem as though that was his last game IMHO

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Was Reading one of the only top jobs that Gus claimed he might be interested in?

Thought not!

Which just goes to show that you can never believe what some people say.

Re: Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

I don't understand why the club were give Reading permission to talk to Gus - unless it's part of his contract of cause.

I'm still hoping it's all a load of crap to be honest.

The done thing is for reading to ask bloom for permission, then bloom tells Gus of the interest! Because of clubs obsession with the media they tell them permission was given and Gus either thinks he is not wanted and goes or stays to fulfill his contract. My guess is that bloom wants him to go because he has other plans!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I would have thought it was a sideways move for Gus at best.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
SSN have again said they've spoken to both clubs. Let's see if they ACTUALLY have this time...

Daft if the club refused Poyet permission to speak to any club it only alienates managers to thier current club .I would be a little suprised if he left us for reading at this stage of the season but stranger things happen

Nigel Adkins been waiting for this opportunity, good Manager and has come from a club of similar football ideology. If Gus goes, he will be a good replacement, although a Spanish interpreter will be required!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here