Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
All I've got so far is that bookies are going nuts because the club have allowed Reading to talk to Gus. He did the same with Wolves. Hear what they have to say.

But knowing how stubborn Gus is, I just can't see him giving up on getting us to the prem. He's close and I can't imagine him wanting to walk out with 8 games left and the job half done.

I still think he'll stay.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Reading, on the other hand, have bucketfulls of parachute cash if they are relegated, as is obviously likely.

To spend on Bridcutt, Spanish Dave, Buckley and BOOM BOOM :(

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They already have a training ground (I think anyway) and will have a bucket load of cash + rich owner when they come down. If he can (somehow) keep them up his stock will rise a lot as well

If Gus gets Brighton promoted, he will be a serious contender for some seriously big jobs.

If he goes to Reading, he is likely to be relegated, and further away from one of the big jobs than he is now.

It would truly be a ludicrous move on his part. I think I can honestly say this with impartiality and I think most of football will take the same view.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It would be a shame if he went but as others have said it wouldn't be the worse thing that has ever happened to us.

Replacements Brian McDermott or Owen Coyle both decent Managers with good track records in the main, who have got people out of this division. I'd be happy with either...

Re: Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

Gus Poyet betting suspended on Reading job | Mail Online

What was it he said after the Palace match, something about that would be a good game to leave on or something like that.
Out of the all the rumours I have seen over the last few years, it has never got to this stage.

They suspended betting on Adkins the other day too!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Gus Poyet betting suspended on Reading job | Mail Online

What was it he said after the Palace match, something about that would be a good game to leave on or something like that.
Out of the all the rumours I have seen over the last few years, it has never got to this stage.

"This was a day to stop time and stay here forever. I would like it to be the last game of the season, or a last at a club, or the last of your career."

Oh gawd.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I don't understand why the club were give Reading permission to talk to Gus - unless it's part of his contract of cause.

I'm still hoping it's all a load of crap to be honest.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If Gus gets Brighton promoted, he will be a serious contender for some seriously big jobs.

If he goes to Reading, he is likely to be relegated, and further away from one of the big jobs than he is now.

It would truly be a ludicrous move on his part. I think I can honestly say this with impartiality and I think most of football will take the same view.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be a strange move to say the least but we all know money does talk and from his point of view if he can keep them up (god knows how) his stock will go up

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Daft if the club refused Poyet permission to speak to any club it only alienates managers to thier current club .I would be a little suprised if he left us for reading at this stage of the season but stranger things happen

D

Deleted member 22389

"This was a day to stop time and stay here forever. I would like it to be the last game of the season, or a last at a club, or the last of your career."

Oh gawd.

Are we getting paranoid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here