Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet needs an answer on LuaLua soon

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I'm really fed up with this, it has marred the last two pre seasons, 'sake. Is he really worth it?

It's pissing me off beyond belief, but he's definitely worth it - I will be completely GUTTED if he doesn't sign.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
it will be a big blow if he doesnt come to us
Why is it a big blow?
He is still unproven at this level bar his poor loan spell at donny two year ago,yes he has big potential and a great future but its not the end of the world.:D

Its clear newcastle want the earth for him so i think its best to forget him and move on.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
This is the third time it's dragged on between us and Newcastle on Lua Lua, it's like dejavu from the last close season now. Par for the course

It's like dejavu all over again! :lol:

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
sounds like bluffing from gus to force newcastle to make a decision to me.... he'll be here sooner or later.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's like dejavu all over again! :lol:

Its like switching channels to Dave ja vu after watching an episode of Top Gear on Dave :lol: p.s you might need to retune your Freeview box on Thursday as Dave ja vu is moving to a different multiplex.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The lack of signings is a tad worrying when we've lost Bennett 8 goals numerous assists and Murray 25 goals and plenty of penaltys won, still don't think we have replaced them adequately yet.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
How is this different to the article on the club site last night? It says on the club site last night there have been developments and he needs to know sooner rather than later...

We either put up now or shut up as this could go on for a ridiculous amount of time and it is now getting very boring.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It obviously hasn't got to the ultimatum point yet as Gus would know when the decision was to be. I suspect that both sides are moving towards a mid point but if either doesn't want to move close enough then that is when the final offer ultimatum will hit and the negotiating parties will have a definite resolution date

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I suspect that both sides are moving towards a mid point but if either doesn't want to move close enough then that is when the final offer ultimatum will hit and the negotiating parties will have a definite resolution date

That's one BEAST of a sentence, good work.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How is this different to the article on the club site last night? It says on the club site last night there have been developments and he needs to know sooner rather than later...

We either put up now or shut up as this could go on for a ridiculous amount of time and it is now getting very boring.

same article based on the same interview but with a slightly more "journalistic" flair :)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I know everyone is absolutely P----- O-- with this thread but I thought i would share with you the first time I have seen anything at all about this on NUFC.com.

Apologies

A loan again?:
Poyet losing patience

Latest quotes from Brighton boss, Gus Poyet, regarding his efforts to capture Kazenga LuaLua:

"There are developments with Kazenga and it's something that could happen soon. It's a negotiation that feels like it's been going on forever and I think we are getting to a position now where it's going to be now or never.

"I hope it's now because I know how important he is for me, the team and for the fans, so let's hope we can get something sorted out.

"There are also developments elsewhere; we can't say any names but we have got a couple of things going on over the next few weeks.

"We are in the market and we still have chances with some very good players, who are also very well known - the kind that will make a real impact on the city. We need to make sure that we can close the deals."

Speaking last week, Poyet had told reporters that:

"It’s not an easy one. There are many options. My first impression was we would be able to buy him.

"It’s negotiations. Things change when you negotiate. We would buy him if the numbers are right. They are negotiations so there is not much more I can say."

Asked if he would agree to a loan deal if necessary, Poyet said:

"Yes, depending on the length of the loan. We will try and sort this out as soon as possible."

Despite appearing in the last two Premier League games of the season following his recovery from injury, Zenga isn't expected to feature in Alan Pardew's plans.

It is that last paragraph which I think is the most interesting.

And then a further 'article'

"Kazenga LuaLua - Seemed set to sign a permanent deal with Brighton and Hove Albion after two previous successful loan stints there. Recent quotes suggest a third loan spell could still happen. Fee for possible permanent move tbc. "

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Typical Pardew if you ask me - there's never been any love lost between him and us since his Reading days (I remember when he tried to lure Zamora away from us)

:tosser:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Pardew being a first class nob again. Standard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here