Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet needs an answer on LuaLua soon

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Signing him on loan = guaranteed dragged out binfest again when we try to sign him permanently.

Still, if we don't sign him at all I might not even go next season.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Signing him on loan = guaranteed dragged out binfest again when we try to sign him permanently.

Although you're obviously joking, it would indeed be the most deflating transfer saga of my football-supporting life, having seemingly had his signing in the bag...

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
The lyrics of Donkey Derby said "Pemberton & Pardew, one place for them I'd say and that's the leading animal in a school nativity play"!! They must have had inside knowledge we'd end up dealing with an ASS!!

B.H.A. Damski

May 28, 2011

basically we're crap without him? i dont think till matter too much having signed buckley and hoskins

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot buy this failed medical story because to my mind he will have to be insured by us whether it be for a loan or permenant deal. He will still be valued at a certain price for insurance purposes so if he isnt fit enough to sign permenantly he isnt fit enough to sign on a loan Either way he could be seriously injured in the first minute of his first game for us. That is my view of it perhaps I am missing something.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I cannot buy this failed medical story because to my mind he will have to be insured by us whether it be for a loan or permenant deal. He will still be valued at a certain price for insurance purposes so if he isnt fit enough to sign permenantly he isnt fit enough to sign on a loan Either way he could be seriously injured in the first minute of his first game for us. That is my view of it perhaps I am missing something.
I have no idea how it works but you'd imagine if he was on loan he'd still be insured by Newcastle.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

I believe a loan player's parent club continues to pay his insurance costs whilst he is with his loan club. I may be wrong, but as I understand it a player can still sign having failed a medical, but the higher the transfer fee, the more exponentially the insurance goes up. Proportionately, Chelsea/Man City would not buy a 30m player if he failed a medical as the insurance would be scandalous. The query is not whether he is fit to play - but whether we should pay a record fee for a player that a medical assessment says is vulnerable to further serious injury. It's a risk we take on ourselves, which is true of every player for every club in the land, who is only one late tackle away from a career-ending injury. The question is whether the risk is worth it for the fee.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Which part of pure fiction dont you understand?

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing
I don't want to tempt fate but I still think we will sign him. All this really sounds like a power / control thing by Newcastle. They know they're not going to play KLL next season but they're probably holding out for as much money as they can get. Once they realise that we cannot wait any longer I think they'll let him go. The danger for us in the meantime though is that other clubs could come along and offer more money, though it looks as if KLL genuinely wants to join us.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
I really have no clue what to think of this story now. None.

Fortunately I think almost everyone on this board is as clueless as myself!

sounds like bluffing from gus to force newcastle to make a decision to me.... he'll be here sooner or later.

Bluffing??

It sounds like Gus is making sense, and speaking the bare facts - we can't wait to the detriment of our season, for this one player.
I can understand both sides though - Pardew isn't sure he wants to let go of a potentially useful player, and Gus likes him enough to have come this far for the player. KLL would like to play for NUFC in the Prem I'm sure, but not sit in their reserves while his young career suffers.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We should just say to NUFC, the fee we are offering is £X... the offer stands until Ydate... if you are agreeable fine, we will move onto personal terms et al, if not, then :bigwave:

Personally, I think the date should be 1 July...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is that so?

Was going to say the same thing. How strange.

It is fiction. The fee was agreed, the contract was agreed, everyone seemed to have heard he was signing about 2 wks ago... and then he passed the medical. We then decided to go back for a better deal or a loan to buy as it all seemed too good to be true...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We should just say to NUFC, the fee we are offering is £X... the offer stands until Ydate... if you are agreeable fine, we will move onto personal terms et al, if not, then :bigwave:

Personally, I think the date should be 1 July...

perhaps we have?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here