Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet needs an answer on LuaLua soon

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
perhaps we have?

I do hope so... we really do need to move onto the next target pretty soon if KLL is not coming...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is fiction. The fee was agreed, the contract was agreed, everyone seemed to have heard he was signing about 2 wks ago... and then he passed the medical. We then decided to go back for a better deal or a loan to buy as it all seemed too good to be true...

Is that so?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I believe a loan player's parent club continues to pay his insurance costs whilst he is with his loan club. I may be wrong, but as I understand it a player can still sign having failed a medical, but the higher the transfer fee, the more exponentially the insurance goes up. Proportionately, Chelsea/Man City would not buy a 30m player if he failed a medical as the insurance would be scandalous. The query is not whether he is fit to play - but whether we should pay a record fee for a player that a medical assessment says is vulnerable to further serious injury. It's a risk we take on ourselves, which is true of every player for every club in the land, who is only one late tackle away from a career-ending injury. The question is whether the risk is worth it for the fee.

this looks about right
the Toon are holding out for a fee probably agreed before he had his medical now there might be this "vulnerability" we possibly have offered less and the problem with him coming on loan is if it is until January and he does have a problem then he can be returned and any fee from any club will be seriously diminished
either way the Toon will lose out because if he is OK and comes till January unless the fee is agreed now it will surely be less with him only having 6 months left on his contract.
izzz very complicated..................... Yes
or do I mean NO

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
He's not coming. I'm sure of that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is fiction. The fee was agreed, the contract was agreed, everyone seemed to have heard he was signing about 2 wks ago... and then he passed the medical. We then decided to go back for a better deal or a loan to buy as it all seemed too good to be true...
Serious question: how do you know this?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here