Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet linked with, Wolves, West Brom and Aston Villa Job.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Villa & Baggies jobs he's back in the pack at the bookies BUT worryingly he's now clear 2/1 favourite for the Wolves job. Given that he spent 4 days not denying it previously & they were interested then maybe it was a done deal for this summer. Given that he & Connor (also separately but similarly Redknapp) have hardly won a game in 20 between them since this all 'vacancy stuff' started is this why?

2 + 2 = about 4M!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Villa are huge, but in a huge fcuking mess too = avoid (for now)...

The other 2 are bigger than us, but we can compete with both once we complete our infrastructure enhancements = why would Gus see them as 'special'? Wolves' board have also made some moronic moves of late...

So, in summary, he ain't going to any of those 3 IMHO...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I do not think any of these jobs offer Gus the overall control that he wants at a club. The Villa job would be attractive because of their size, but ultimately he would be managing middling side performance wise without a great chance to take it forward. The Albion provide him with an environment in which he is undoubtedly the boss, we have also not yet reached our ceiling, and I believe Poyet relishes the chance to get us as far as we can.

Should he get us promoted to the Premiership then I would not be surprised to see him leave. I'm not concerned about the upcoming vacancies at the three midland clubs.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Getting a bit hacked off with this contstant speculation about Gus to be honest.

It'll be good to have a manager next who isn't touted for every job under the sun. This doen't mean an unsuccessful one, there are plenty of other managers who are doing great jobs and are not listed as one of the favourites for every job on offer.

I just hope that if he's going to go, he goes now, and it's not before he's spent any of the budget for next season, so the next man can get in the players he wants.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It is suggested poyet would only leave us for spurs or Chelsea. Let's be sensible neither of those clubs would appoint gus straight from us. Not even Moyes or O Neill can get in those seats both of which are much better managers than Gus.

If he wants his 'something special' he is either going to have to do something remarkable with us in premier league or take a punt on turning around a mid/lower prem club like Mr Hodgson

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We need Gus to be able to concentrate fully on the job of building a side that can make the play-offs at least next season. All this "will he" "won't he" nonsense doesn't help our cause and I hope it doesn't continue in the months ahead as we (and given the last 10 games of the season ultimately he) can well do without the distraction.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't believe that. This has been said on numerous other threads. Gus will only leave us for either Chelsea, Spurs. Zaragoza or Uruguay.

When will you guys learn that he just isn't interested in a mediocre lower table Premier League team.

Here Gus is building a legacy which includes the much needed overhaul of the current centre of excellence and our training facilities, all of which he is overseeing. He would never have that opportunity at a club like Villa or Wolves as they're both hugely in debt.

West Brom has also only been recently become an attractive proposition to many young managers, in a similar manner to us and this due purely to one man and that man did it at Fulham and is now England manager.
Gus will be off like a shot if villa or WBA come in and wolves maybe,all bigger clubs with much bigger budgets,gus loves a big budget to blow.

Like i said many a time im not fussed if he leaves as that's all he blabs on about,he holds us to ransom in some sort of way,i like attacking football not defensive football anyway. :)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Getting a bit hacked off with this contstant speculation about Gus to be honest.

It'll be good to have a manager next who isn't touted for every job under the sun. This doen't mean an unsuccessful one, there are plenty of other managers who are doing great jobs and are not listed as one of the favourites for every job on offer.

I just hope that if he's going to go, he goes now, and it's not before he's spent any of the budget for next season, so the next man can get in the players he wants.

Agreed - and it's not even as if he is that good.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Gus is not bigger than this club and if he wants to go, or believes he has a brighter future elsewhere, then let him leave. He is not irreplaceable.

PS. Not saying I want him to go!

And of course Zeb..he hasn't said he wants to leave or that this is nothing more than paper talk....geez this is gonna b a long summer what with player/manager speculation..where are we may 4th feking long time to go til new season can occupy the thoughts and fill a few column inches

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Gus will be off like a shot if villa or WBA come in and wolves maybe,all bigger clubs with much bigger budgets,gus loves a big budget to blow.

Like i said many a time im not fussed if he leaves as that's all he blabs on about,he holds us to ransom in some sort of way,i like attacking football not defensive football anyway. :)

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Gus is not bigger than this club and if he wants to go, or believes he has a brighter future elsewhere, then let him leave. He is not irreplaceable.

PS. Not saying I want him to go!

I agree, howevere the double negative 'He is not irreplaceable' taxed my brain for a few seconds so early in the morning!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
And of course Zeb..he hasn't said he wants to leave or that this is nothing more than paper talk....geez this is gonna b a long summer what with player/manager speculation..where are we may 4th feking long time to go til new season can occupy the thoughts and fill a few column inches

Agreed - roll on August!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
dig dig dig ..snide remark snide remark.
Give me a break lamie,gus loves mind games and has never showed 100% commitment to the club,yes not many managers or players do but gus does it in a way that annoys many.

What is it with you thinking you know everything?any dig at any player or manager and you're on the case:shrug:

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
None of those teams have players that could easily play tippy tappy, and none have the budget (bar Wolves and possibly Villa if they get relegated) to change that to make an impact in the division their in.
If Gus isn't here in August it's only because he believes Bloom hasn't given him what he needs and some chairman has taken a massive risk on a manager who has only won a League 1 title. So he'll be here.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Give me a break lamie,gus loves mind games and has never showed 100% commitment to the club,yes not not many managers or players do but gus does it in a way that annoys many.

What is it with you thinking you know everything?any dig at any player or manager and you're on the case:shrug:

u will note sir that i had edited my post...i thought maybe it would be a windup...but...i take your comment on board...but likewise i could say the same about you could i not? :)

PS did u watch Albion under mike Bailey..just interested

PPS no i don't think i know more..in fact you could say 99% of this board is opinion with the balance fact..so i just state an opinion ..like many others and yourself of course

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
u will note sir that i had edited my post...i thought maybe it would be a windup...but...i take your comment on board...but likewise i could say the same about you could i not? :)

PS did u watch Albion under mike Bailey..just interested
No im not that old,started watching in the late 80's:)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
sorry mate this is delusional talk

Aston Villa are a big, historical club who would give a decent manager time without a huge weight of expectation (other than not expecting to be relegated). They are the perfect fit for Gus.

people need to wake up a bit. just cos we're now playing in a nice stadium does not make us a West Brom or Aston Villa overnight. we're not.

You're assuming to speak for Gus when he has already said the exact polar opposite.

It's not the size of history of the club that concerns him - it's the relationship with the chairman, and the extent to which he would be allowed to do what he wants without interference. You really think he's going to get that at Villa without undue pressure?

Not everyone has avarice running amok through their veins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here