Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Poyet is the man to lead Chelsea' According to Ray Wilkins in a 2 page spread. (merged)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
'Poyet is the man to lead Chelsea'...... According to Ray Wilkins in a 2 page spread.....

I know a "proper" Chelsea fan who doesn't dislike Gus, quite the opposite in fact, said he would not want gus there yet

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I've just checked,and it seems Mr Wilkins doesn't own Chelsea,though he does have a brother who the Albion once dismissed.

Last edited:

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Good for you, it still doesnt change the fact that 99 % dont.

Where you getting your info from? I've never heard that. He was there at Half-Time a couple of seasons back and seem to remember him getting an excellent reception. The Zola, Di Matteo, Vialli generation are held in extremely high regard as far as i've heard.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: 'Poyet is the man to lead Chelsea'...... According to Ray Wilkins in a 2 page spread..

18 - 30 months too early for Gus.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Where you getting your info from? I've never heard that. He was there at Half-Time a couple of seasons back and seem to remember him getting an excellent reception. The Zola, Di Matteo, Vialli generation are held in extremely high regard as far as i've heard.
Yes they are , he isnt, for the reasons i've already stated.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
he then compounded this by kissing the tottenham badge as a very deliberate wind up with great gusto in front of the chelsea fans when they scored

Bloody hell, someone call the Argus, hold the back page "GUS IN DELIBERATE WIND-UP SHOCK"

When Gus goes to Chelsea, can we write into the compensation package that he comes back when Abramovich changes his mind a year later?

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Yes they are , he isnt, for the reasons i've already stated.

I didn't ask for reasons, i asked where that info has come from, what Chelsea fans have said this? Growing up in South London, i have a lot of friends who support Chelsea and i've never heard that about Poyet, they're always asking how he's getting on at Brighton etc.

There was no negative chants from the Chelsea fans at the Amex friendly this season. Just a bit of a bizzare claim if you ask me.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I didn't ask for reasons, i asked where that info has come from, what Chelsea fans have said this? Growing up in South London, i have a lot of friends who support Chelsea and i've never heard that about Poyet, they're always asking how he's getting on at Brighton etc.

There was no negative chants from the Chelsea fans at the Amex friendly this season. Just a bit of a bizzare claim if you ask me.
Where has the info come from ?? My fellow chelsea fans, the ones I go with, many of whom, like me , also grew up in south london.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Using a message board in the same way you could say Gus, El Abd, Barnes, Murray etc etc etc are all hated here
Not really, The majority on that thread dislike him, you couldnt say that about poyet, el abd or barnes, though i reckon you probably could about murray , I'm sorry but you'l just have to accept that your hero poyet isnt universally popular.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Not really, The majority on that thread dislike him, you couldnt say that about poyet, el abd or barnes, though i reckon you probably could about murray , I'm sorry but you'l just have to accept that your hero poyet isnt universally popular.

I'd better start telling Chelsea fans as well.

Even if Gus does go to Chelsea it won't be a problem for us, with Abramovitch's track record he'll be there about four months and then he can come back home again.

The man is a joke. I'd be embarrassed if I was a Chelsea fan (like my son-in-law!)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
'Poyet is the man to lead Chelsea'...... According to Ray Wilkins in a 2 page spread.....

Because he went to tottenham, which is bad enough, he then compounded this by kissing the tottenham badge as a very deliberate wind up with great gusto in front of the chelsea fans when they scored against us .

He kissed the badge at Ranieri, not at the fans. And he regretted it afterwards because the fans took offence to it. He told me that himself. Just call me the new HB&B.

He did seem to get a good reception at Chelsea when he was there recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here