Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Poyet is the man to lead Chelsea' According to Ray Wilkins in a 2 page spread. (merged)

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
FIVE OR SIX GAMES! WOW.

Where you there last week to see the whole NS bouncing up and down, where you there for the great escape gate, were you there for GP B & W army for 15mins solid?

I've been to Stamford Bridge ONCE but you wont catch me going on about it like I know the place.

:facepalm:
I was there for the first ever game at a new stadium, against your biggest rivals, but anyway , my mistake , a whole stand bouncing up and down, and singing gus poyets blue and white army for 15 minutes , crikey , that must have been AMAZING to witness, they'll be comparing it to a boca/river plate derby if you're not careful.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Poyet is widely disliked at Chelsea, he is not at all popular.
Agreed. Gus really isn't a good choice for Chelski. He'll bring nothing to the table and in all likelyhood, take them down. They really shouldn't bother with him as he's a one trick pony. Let him stay at Brighton
:D

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I was there for the first ever game at a new stadium, against your biggest rivals, but anyway , my mistake , a whole stand bouncing up and down, and singing gus poyets blue and white army for 15 minutes , crikey , that must have been AMAZING to witness, they'll be comparing it to a boca/river plate derby if you're not careful.

Our biggest rivals?? First game at the new stadium? Sure you were at the right stadium

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Hey Mr Bush, got a bee in your bonnet today mate....
Not at all mate , just pointing out some facts, nobody should read any more into it than that , as for my points about the atmosphere at the amex, people should realise that i'm just stating what i feel is the truth, brighton are always the second result i look for, but there are some on here who are far too fond of dismissing other teams as full of plastics etc whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that you've now got 20 odd thousand seasion ticket holders when previously you couldnt often fill withdean

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
good point , you've picked apart my post with scalpel like precision there.

..about as accurate as your random generalisation about the atmosphere at the Amex... there are periods in all the games where we have quiet moments( the same anywhere).... but apart from the repetitious nature of the songs/chants, we dont do too bad.... stop the bleating, when the team plays well enough, the crowd get going, its the chicken and egg scenario.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Not at all mate , just pointing out some facts, nobody should read any more into it than that , as for my points about the atmosphere at the amex, people should realise that i'm just stating what i feel is the truth, brighton are always the second result i look for, but there are some on here who are far too fond of dismissing other teams as full of plastics etc whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that you've now got 20 odd thousand seasion ticket holders when previously you couldnt often fill withdean

All teams attendances plummet when their team is on a down fall through the leagues. Even more so when you haven't got a home to play in.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
..about as accurate as your random generalisation about the atmosphere at the Amex... there are periods in all the games where we have quiet moments( the same anywhere).... but apart from the repetitious nature of the songs/chants, we dont do too bad.... stop the bleating, when the team plays well enough, the crowd get going, its the chicken and egg scenario.
what bleating ?

the amex atmosphere is , in general, no better or worse than stamford bridge

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Gus must know that if he was to leave for Chelsea, he would be out of a job in a matter of months. That just seems to me to be almost guaranteed. Would it be worth it?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
All teams attendances plummet when their team is on a down fall through the leagues. Even more so when you haven't got a home to play in.
absolutely agree, however even when you did have a home in withdean , admittedly a decrepit shit tip, you couldnt fill it, and then along comes a rich new benefactor, shiny new stadium, money for players, and suddenly all these lifelong fans come out of the woodwork, remind you of anyone? albeit on a smaller scale.

Norwegian Seagull

Mar 18, 2008
Gol, Norway

Agree with you there. But i reckon Poyet could do as good a job as anyone at Chelsea, just look at the players he would inherit

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Mourinho, Klopp, Diego Simeoni, Spaletti, Moyes

All MILES ahead in terms of getting that job.

Though, again, it goes to show how outsiders appreciate the job gus has done much more than some fans here, which is desperately sad.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Mourinho, Klopp, Diego Simeoni, Spaletti, Moyes

All MILES ahead in terms of getting that job.

Though, again, it goes to show how outsiders appreciate the job gus has done much more than some fans here, which is desperately sad.

All agreed. And i have just read something on the BBC website which quotes Pat nevin as mentioning Moyes, but only after he had voiced the opinion that it seems all clear for Mourinho to go back to Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here