Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Poyet is the man to lead Chelsea' According to Ray Wilkins in a 2 page spread. (merged)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
'Poyet is the man to lead Chelsea'...... According to Ray Wilkins in a 2 page spread.....

Not really, The majority on that thread dislike him, you couldnt say that about poyet, el abd or barnes, though i reckon you probably could about murray , I'm sorry but you'l just have to accept that your hero poyet isnt universally popular.

There's plenty of threads on each where those who have posted don't like them :shrug:

I'd be chuffed as a pig in shit if chelsea never come in for Gus, but it will happen sooner or later IMO

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
There's definitely some cheeky shenanigans going on here.

Mind you, the lad's a Russian - so anything can happen.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
A Chelsea fan explained ( not a plastic by any means sth etc) why Benitez is hated so much....seemly he called Chelsea fans pathetic for not having any passion for their team and having to rely on being given flags to wave to show their support, whereas Liverpool fans were passionate and better fans than Chelsea.

So whatever e does he will always be hated.

Your mate has missed the fact that Benitez's comments are 100% accurate.

I went to a dinner thing at Chelsea as a guest of chopper Harris ( don't ask) and saw the game against London rivals West Ham...it is a ball-less soulless corporate borefest at Stamford bridge. It's all heated stands and overpriced lager and populated by plastics and glory hunters. They DO give out flags and confetti...embarrassing really.

If anyone sits in ESL the atmosphere is akin to that.

On the plus side. I got off with Choppers daughter and went to a great party in Brixton. Alls well that ends well.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Chelsea may well come in for Gus one day, it doesn't alter that fact that Bushy is correct in so far as there is an element of Chelsea's support that do not like him due to the move to Spurs and subsequent actions. I am not sure why some on here seem to have trouble accepting that this is the case!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Haha! Brilliant, I love Gus but there's always been that Chelsea thing. Now I find out most of them hate him. Superb!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
No no no no no no no no.

No.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think everyone is getting a bit carried away with what Poyet has/hasn't achieved so far. Certainly not enough to land the job at Chelsea. Never going to happen atm.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
'Poyet is the man to lead Chelsea'...... According to Ray Wilkins in a 2 page spread.....

It would be amazing if a manager getting a club to 8th in the Championship is considered qualified to manage Chelsea, a club that demands to be sitting pretty at the top of the Premier League at least once a month for a manager to keep his job. I appreciate the finances are different at Brighton compared to Chelsea, but I'd have thought Poyet would have to get Brighton promoted again and neck-and-neck with Chelsea in the League to be seriously considered for the job.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

My Chelsea-supporting acquaintances (wont call them friends, obv) love Poyet.

Also, he gets invited to many official Chelsea events. In fact, didn't he play for them in a Legends tournament recently?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Your mate has missed the fact that Benitez's comments are 100% accurate.

I went to a dinner thing at Chelsea as a guest of chopper Harris ( don't ask) and saw the game against London rivals West Ham...it is a ball-less soulless corporate borefest at Stamford bridge. It's all heated stands and overpriced lager and populated by plastics and glory hunters. They DO give out flags and confetti...embarrassing really.

If anyone sits in ESL the atmosphere is akin to that.

On the plus side. I got off with Choppers daughter and went to a great party in Brixton. Alls well that ends well.
The amex is no different , i've been to 5 or six games, including the first palace game , and more recently to the newcastle fa cup game , a few desultory chants of " we're the north stand brighton boys " etc , does not a good atmosphere make.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I can't stand this non-celebrating nonsense. Kissed his Spurs badge in front of the Chelsea fans ? Excellent. Different if he was somehow a proper Club legend - like say Osgood scoring against Chelsea - but Poyet was only there a few seasons wasn't he ?

I would have more respect for the mardy-arsed northern Judas if he was at least honest and did that at the Amex.

Anyway if Abramovich wants him he will get him regardless of the grudge some of the supporters have. But as kevtherev says - it isn't going to happen any time soon.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Even if Gus does go to Chelsea it won't be a problem for us, with Abramovitch's track record he'll be there about four months and then he can come back home again.

The man is a joke. I'd be embarrassed if I was a Chelsea fan (like my son-in-law!)

Indeed, it is clearly obvious that (decent) managers are now very much thinking twice about the Chelsea job and I think even Gus would, no matter how much he loves Cheslea.

I reckon this is the reason why Pep choose Bayern and reading between the lines I think this is the case. Whatever he would have done Abramovich would have got bored with him after 12/18 months (Ancellotti 2 doubles was it, Di Matteo the holy grail the Champions League, what more can a manager do??). It is fast becoming a job you only go to if you want a big early payout on your contract. I am sure Sven will throw his hat into the ring when Benitez goes though:wink:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
In a fair and rational football world, Poyet would be a serious contender for the Chelsea job. He was a hero on the pitch and has proved himself a very competent manager outside the Premiership. He's young, and he's learning fast.

But Chelsea's crazy culture of "win everything every year or we've failed" isn't geared towards taking that sort of gamble. The club wants to import managers who've already won major trophies elsewhere because in Abramovich's mind that's the surest way to be successful.

Man Utd's appointment of Alex Ferguson all those years ago would be more akin to Chelsea appointing Poyet now (though admittedly Fergie had won a minor European trophy with Aberdeen). I suspect that when he finally retires, the club will go the Chelsea route and appoint a big name manager with trophies under his belt.

The other thing that counts against Gus is that he's extremely dogmatic, opinionated and outspoken. That doesn't suit every chairman, especially nervous Premier League types. I don't doubt he'll be off at some point, but I also think Brighton suits him in lots of ways.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
The amex is no different , i've been to 5 or six games, including the first palace game , and more recently to the newcastle fa cup game , a few desultory chants of " we're the north stand brighton boys " etc , does not a good atmosphere make.

FIVE OR SIX GAMES! WOW.

Where you there last week to see the whole NS bouncing up and down, where you there for the great escape gate, were you there for GP B & W army for 15mins solid?

I've been to Stamford Bridge ONCE but you wont catch me going on about it like I know the place.

:facepalm:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
More cobblers

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Just have a look at what Poyet has done with ex-cloggers like El-Abd. Just think about the football that the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar would play under his stewardship...

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Poyet is a great man for us, but chelski want a big name. Somebody that has won a major trophy. Russian money won't dip a league to manage his overpaid super stars.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
FIVE OR SIX GAMES! WOW.

Where you there last week to see the whole NS bouncing up and down, where you there for the great escape gate, were you there for GP B & W army for 15mins solid?

I've been to Stamford Bridge ONCE but you wont catch me going on about it like I know the place.

:facepalm:

Amen!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here