Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet hissy fit part 2?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
Forster Part 1
Caldy Part 2

?

this is 2010, footballers hold the ace cards.....or is Gus right to tell these to f*** off?

Gus probably spoke to other clubs before he came here and then chose, is this not what Caldy wanted to do?

discuss...

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
There are COUNTLESS examples of clubs not playing the game fairly and spunking money they don't have up the wall.

We are refusing to do that and Gus is showing integrity and decency in doing so.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
There are COUNTLESS examples of clubs not playing the game fairly and spunking money they don't have up the wall.

We are refusing to do that and Gus is showing integrity and decency in doing so.

Fair point but I'm sure that he could be stupid and obstinate too at times.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Haven't we on Dickinson soon to go... Holroyd who is shite.... Davies probably leaving ... thats nearly half a mill

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Contract offer on table, Calderon messed us about, well done to Gus for telling him where to go

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Gus is quality, he wants players at club who want to be here. There can only be one boss and that is the manager. You achive nothing if everyone is not pulling in the same direction. Im glad Poyet wont be pissed around by players and hope he is here for a very long time.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
calderon and forster kept us up this season. without forsters goals in the first half of the season we would probably be down, and without calderon our defending would still be shite :cry:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
calderon and forster kept us up this season. without forsters goals in the first half of the season we would probably be down, and without calderon our defending would still be shite :cry:

would it though? Since his injury have we been significantly worse. Good player yes but team saviour I don't think so

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
I admire Gus for sticking to his morals and values.

Unfortunately though, in an industry where money is the hierarchy, there is a lack of these morals and values shown by most players.

Does this mean we have to treat them a little bit differently than just telling them to "f*** off" ?
Sadly, maybe.

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
Gus is quality, he wants players at club who want to be here. There can only be one boss and that is the manager. You achive nothing if everyone is not pulling in the same direction. Im glad Poyet wont be pissed around by players and hope he is here for a very long time.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
Poyet has integrity and Calderon obviously hasn't. My vote is with the gaffer every time.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So what, do the club get on their knees and give every player what they want? Tell me ONE business which pays it's employees exactly what they all ask for (and survives, before anyone suggests Pompey).

It would destroy team spirit if the club acted like that.

Poyet is gradually getting control over a group of players who have maybe been over indulged in recent years: it's my way or the highway.

Move on. Trust in Gus.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Forster Part 1
Caldy Part 2

?

this is 2010, footballers hold the ace cards.....or is Gus right to tell these to f*** off?

Gus probably spoke to other clubs before he came here and then chose, is this not what Caldy wanted to do?

discuss...

If there was a poll for the dumbest post of the year this would win it hands down. Calderon was trying to play us off against Southampton and once again, like with Forster, Gus has drawn a line in the sand, he's the manager and wants all concerned to know it. Calderon will have to get the call over another Brighton reject, Dan Harding.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

Calderon is a flair player going forward and has energy to burn, but he has not been the only defensive difference. We now have a goalkeeper who commands his area, two central defenders who are different players since Gus and Tarrico arrived and a superbly solid left back have helped. As someone else pointed out since Calderons injury we have not been exactly shipping goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here