Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet hissy fit part 2?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If there was a poll for the dumbest post of the year this would win it hands down. Calderon was trying to play us off against Southampton and once again, like with Forster, Gus has drawn a line in the sand, he's the manager and wants all concerned to know it. Calderon will have to get the call over another Brighton reject, Dan Harding.

The post was offering both sides of the argument so I'm not quite sure how it can be the dumbest ever.

I like the fact that Gus has such strong principles; at the same time I hope it doesn't turn out to be a hindrance to us as one can't ignore the fact that players and their agents have a lot more power nowadays than they really ought to.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The post was offering both sides of the argument so I'm not quite sure how it can be the dumbest ever.

I like the fact that Gus has such strong principles; at the same time I hope it doesn't turn out to be a hindrance to us as one can't ignore the fact that players and their agents have a lot more power nowadays than they really ought to.

Describing Poyet's actions as a 'hissy fit' ? No it was a very stupid post end of.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not sure making it public is a good thing though; it lowers Calderon's bargaining position and allows Southampton to get away with shelling out less.

That may have been part of the plan. I suspect that Gus feels a bit peeved and it's hard to blame him.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i posted the original as i thought the debate had grounds.

i personally am happy he told him to do one, but gutted he has gone. i just wanted to feel out the general mood.

my post had a question mark, and as it had 400 viewers in under an hour it can hardly be described as silly.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
:angel: I THINK THE JURY IS STILL OUT ON POYET,LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HE HAS CHANGED WITHIN THE CLUB,HOPE HE DOES WELL BUT I THINK NEXT SEASON WILL BE HIS LAST AT BRIGHTON HOWEVER THE SEASON GOES,I DONT FEEL HE IS LONG TERM,DONT UNDERSTAND THIS DESIRE TO WORSHIP HIM JUST YET:angel:

Sorry but as for reasons only you understand, you feel the need to use capitals (I would say attention seeking in a very unsubtle way) I can't take you seriously especially with opinions about that. I'd love to know how many sane people have doubts about Poyet, clearly the board don't for a start.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
i posted the original as i thought the debate had grounds.

i personally am happy he told him to do one, but gutted he has gone. i just wanted to feel out the general mood.

my post had a question mark, and as it had 400 viewers in under an hour it can hardly be described as silly.

Oh yes it can, I've just been a bit more polite than a lot of people. Why use a ridiculous American expression to describe what was a sensible and logical reaction ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gus is quality, he wants players at club who want to be here. There can only be one boss and that is the manager. You achive nothing if everyone is not pulling in the same direction. Im glad Poyet wont be pissed around by players and hope he is here for a very long time.

I agree.

Its how the light gets in

:angel:
sorry but as for reasons only you understand, you feel the need to use capitals (i would say attention seeking in a very unsubtle way) i can't take you seriously:p especially with opinions about that. I'd love to know how many sane:p people have doubts about poyet, clearly the board don't for a start.
OR HAVE THEY?:facepalm:

donnygull

Aug 22, 2009
Doncaster,S. Yorks
Gus is right

I dont think its a hissy fit, Gus has already stated that we wont be held to ransom paying out extortionate wages, we are trying to build for the future. I am so disappointed in Calderon, naively maybe, I thought he was just what we needed, a real player to take us forward, but he has turned out to be a greedy little shit, so yes, f*** off to the scum, you will get your just desserts:rant: next season, dont doubt that.

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
In one point caldys gone on the other if we would of offered contract after Charlton would he of signed!! yes! poyet got egg on his face trying to play god!
not taking taking the daigos side but sumtimes you cantry and be too clever!

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
:angel: I think the jury is still out on poyet,like to know what he has changed within the club,hope he does well but i think next season will be his last at brighton however the season goes,i dont feel he is long term,dont understand this desire to worship him just yet:angel:

i agree mate, gus has done good no denying that but it is a bit rich to say gus wont be the first off if the offer comes from a top team

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Contract offer on table, Calderon messed us about, well done to Gus for telling him where to go

Maybe the player just had a better offer from elsewhere. Like. say, Southampton? :shrug: Boy's only been here a couple of months, probably didn't even cross his mind that he'd be crucified for not even passing his probationary period for the role of 'loyal servant'. To anybody who's incandescent with rage at the news, all I'd say is grow up and stop treating these players as some sort of heroes. Cos it never lasts. When Gus jumps ship, as he surely must - and probably sooner rather than later - then he'll attain instant pantomime villain status too. In the end, who really cares about these people. It's us, the fans, that provide the continuity that allows a town to sustain a football club. Not Calderon, not Gus, not Tony Bloom. Us.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Attachments

• 29273_1409306066476_1047193980_1204720_4460854_n.jpg
    29273_1409306066476_1047193980_1204720_4460854_n.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 137

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Maybe the player just had a better offer from elsewhere. Like. say, Southampton? :shrug: Boy's only been here a couple of months, probably didn't even cross his mind that he'd be crucified for not even passing his probationary period for the role of 'loyal servant'. To anybody who's incandescent with rage at the news, all I'd say is grow up and stop treating these players as some sort of heroes. Cos it never lasts. When Gus jumps ship, as he surely must - and probably sooner rather than later - then he'll attain instant pantomime villain status too. In the end, who really cares about these people. It's us, the fans, that provide the continuity that allows a town to sustain a football club. Not Calderon, not Gus, not Tony Bloom. Us.

Not Tony Bloom? I beg to differ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here