Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet - has he lost the PLOT?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
not playing nicky forster is just about understandable given the situation, but to then LOAN out another striker for the rest of the season seems like a MENTAL decision

with the midfield (except crofts) having contributed virtually NOTHING to our goals for column this season, it is very much down to the forwards to get the goals to keep us up

we are now left with a man who cannot score at home and who history shows is unlikely to get through the rest of the season without getting injured, a player who looks about 10 and who is fresh out of non-league, and gary hart

i cannot see that that choice of strikers is going to get us the goals to stay in league one - i bloody hope gus has got something up his sleeve with regards to a new arrival or that him and forster can sort themselves out, otherwise we may well be f***ed

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The only downside is Peterborough are gonna see how rubbish he is and might not pay for him in the summer. :(

We'll have someone lined up to come in.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
not playing nicky forster is just about understandable given the situation, but to then LOAN out another striker for the rest of the season seems like a MENTAL decision

with the midfield (except crofts) having contributed virtually NOTHING to our goals for column this season, it is very much down to the forwards to get the goals to keep us up

we are now left with a man who cannot score at home and who history shows is unlikely to get through the rest of the season without getting injured, a player who looks about 10 and who is fresh out of non-league, and gary hart

i cannot see that that choice of strikers is going to get us the goals to stay in league one - i bloody hope gus has got something up his sleeve with regards to a new arrival or that him and forster can sort themselves out, otherwise we may well be f***ed

Two words.

Loan Window. :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think the problem is, is Dickinsons 'out of work' habits, which unfortunately is the reason Derby were desperate to get rid of him (and the fact he was shit.)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
and persisting with fatal mistakes hoofatron twins at the back and loaning out the other centre back to MK Dons

the all conquering hero El Abd is back though

To be fair we have two decent full backs now who have helped with distribution from the back.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
and persisting with fatal mistakes hoofatron twins at the back and loaning out the other centre back to MK Dons

the all conquering hero El Abd is back though

Harsh. I think our defensive is looking alright at the moment. Conceding two to Norwich in the last 10 isnt too bad considering they have the most goals in the football league, orient was just a freak, millwall a shocking error but virgo hasnt made too many this year, hudds = clean sheet.

Norwich was the first time we have conceded two in a league game since wycombe. That spells significant improvement.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
loaning out a player we payed 300 grand for would make it appear that gus has gone coco loco

Or he is sick to death of Dickinson being out any night of the week he so wishes, getting pissed up

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The only downside is Peterborough are gonna see how rubbish he is and might not pay for him in the summer. :(

This (hopefully). :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

i bloody hope you are right - dickinson and forster have got 16 of our 35 league goals between them. we need somebody to help murray stick the ball in the back of the net and FAST

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
i bloody hope you are right - dickinson and forster have got 16 of our 35 league goals between them. we need somebody to help murray stick the ball in the back of the net and FAST

To be fair, Holdroyd did just that, gave Murray a "Put your foot through it and kill em off" type of oppertunity, a toepunt woudl have done the job. And he still missed :facepalm: Some sort of freaky hoo-doo at work here. How could he have missed otherwise!?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I agree with Gus on this AS LONG as we get another striker in, Dickinson hasn't made the grade this season I'm afraid, he's been very poor and apart from a good bit of skill every now and then he's done nothing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A bit odd that Dickinson has gone from having a place in the starting line up AHEAD of Murray last Tuesday, and yet less than a week later, he's deemed surplus to requirements for the rest of the season.

I don't really understand what Gus is doing. I presume he's got a striker lined up and / or he has sorted this spat out with Forster. If neither of those things have happened, then we are pretty much f***ed, arn't we.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here