Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet given permission to speak to the Blades Board?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
No need to be all biheaded about something that probably will not happen. Have you actually seen the size of our stadium?

...yes, we have also seen the location...in a cultural wasteland that is South Yorkshire...why the f**k would he want to go up there?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Sharpe the Blade SORRY is no chance first of all that Bloom would let you also Poyet would not want to leave us and goto you guys, as he turned down the Chelsea assistant job and also ruled himself out of jobs such as Portsmouth.
The old Brighton yes would have been able to take our best players and managers but not any more, we a progressing club as everyone will see in the years to come when we move into the Amex.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The old Brighton yes would have been able to take our best players and managers but not any more, we a progressing club as everyone will see in the years to come when we move into the Amex.

Good point. People probably won't thank me for the comparison but I would put us in a similar position to Reading maybe ten years ago, having a rich and generous Chairman and on the verge of moving to a new ground...and we know where they ended up.

Sheffield United aren't even the biggest club in the city, that honour goes to Wednesday...and as for Yorkshire, sad to admit it but Leeds United are miles ahead of you at the moment!

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I can see nothing in The Sheffield Star about Poyet. There are lots of names being mentioned on the Blades messageboards but I haven't seen Poyet's. SO'D would have been an excellent appointment but he's turned them down. Paul Hart, a bad choice, was yesterday's name in the frame. Mickey Adams looks the most likely next Sheffield United Manager. I couldn't see Poyet being even slightly tempted by the job.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i can see nothing in the sheffield star about poyet. There are lots of names being mentioned on the blades messageboards but i haven't seen poyet's. So'd would have been an excellent appointment but he's turned them down. Paul hart, a bad choice, was yesterday's name in the frame. Mickey adams looks the most likely next sheffield united manager. I couldn't see poyet being even slightly tempted by the job.

amen.!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
realistically, Sheffield utd have probably been historically a bigger team than the albion and played at a higher level than the Albion for longer.
But times change and they're changinging big time here, there's no other club in this country with a bigger catchment area than BHA with the 3 nearest teams being 50,60 & 70 miles away respectively.
The future and the potential of the club is huge,
Now, if poyet was to go on history, then he may well speak to utd, but if he is thinking about the future and possible potential, he won't be looking anywhere else for the foreseeable future.
Good luck in your search for a manager, but be realistic about who you may get.
All the best

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Grow up, I'm not trolling, just curious if anyone here has heard owt.

I really cant believe though the number of replies that seem to indicate you have a devine right to get promoted. Hell there's bigger clubs in Div 2 than yourselves. Good luck to you in your new ground, seems to be a similar set up as Chesterfields, a club your size, but don't come all this "why would Poyet come to a club like ours?" it makes your support out to be a bunch of tit's.

How did you work that one out? Chesterfields entire ground has a smaller capacity than the West Stand at the Amex!!

And don't get any delusions about us thinking that we are a bigger club than we are, or have a devine right to anything. Coming second bottom of the entire league twice on the trot, and spending over ten years sitting in the rain in a temporary stand at an athletics track does tend to keep expectations low.

We are enjoying our current season, yes, and frankly we've earned it, and in Gus Poyet we seem to have found someone who genuinely wants to develop and achieve things at his first job in order to prove himself at the next. He has repeatedly said that if someone like Real Madrid was to come in then he'd have to seriously think about it... so ask yourself the question, are Sheffield United in any way the equivalent of Real Madrid.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
as per the last official B&HA podcast, Sharpe the Blade would have to buy out the remaining 4 years of Gus's contract but that would assume TB gives permission to speak; highly unlikely. Listen to the pride in Gus's voice after last night's performance. Sharpey, you should go with Darren Ferguson so you can get some real Fergie kids on loan until May otherwise you will have a local derby next season!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Amusing. Absolutely no chance of Adams staying at Port Vale.

Expect lots of "I was a United fan when I was a boy" type quotes (along with relegation, obviously).

The dynamic duo of Adams and Booker are ex Blades. It makes me wonder why clubs like Sheffield United are so attractive to a manager who is definitely on the up and currently nobody's cast off. a decent Premier side maybe but I can only think that these pointless rumours come from people who have no idea what's happening here.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Have you actually seen the size of our stadium?

yes - It's not as big as Hillsborough and it will also only hold 32000 max whereas the Amex has been reported to be able to hold in excess of 32k once the corners have been filled in...what with that and the best facilities outside of the Emirates, I know where I'd rather be managing a football team :amex::bhasign::falmer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here