Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet given permission to speak to the Blades Board?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
We're not flush, but the next man appointed needs to be the right man, which is why with Poyet silk out of a sows ear down south currently, a big step up is what he deserves.

why? he has'nt done anything yet!

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
We're not flush, but the next man appointed needs to be the right man, which is why with Poyet silk out of a sows ear down south currently, a big step up is what he deserves.

So where does a move to Bramall Lane tie in with that train of thought? A minor step up, if it all. One club is progressing, the other is most definitely regressing

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can the Blades afford the compensation ? Tony and Gus agreed on a clause in his contract which means another club will have to pay out large to get him anytime in the next 4 years.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Poyet has said himself that to leave early he has to buy out his contract which with 4 years to run is a very expensive option. As Blades need to spend on players I don't see it being a realistic option as the OP has said they are not flush at present.

Andy Scott at Brentford has been given permission to talk to them - ex Blade I think? Much more likely

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sheffield is the arse end of yorkshire and Bramhall lane is very much in the arse end of Sheffield, but carry on.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Can the Blades afford the compensation ? Tony and Gus agreed on a clause in his contract which means another club will have to pay out large to get him anytime in the next 4 years.

Is that true? We know there was a delay in the new deal, but I don't imagine anyone was privvy to that fact (if it is a fact).

Dec 29, 2010
sure smells like troll in here

Grow up, I'm not trolling, just curious if anyone here has heard owt.

I really cant believe though the number of replies that seem to indicate you have a devine right to get promoted. Hell there's bigger clubs in Div 2 than yourselves. Good luck to you in your new ground, seems to be a similar set up as Chesterfields, a club your size, but don't come all this "why would Poyet come to a club like ours?" it makes your support out to be a bunch of tit's.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gus said in a recent interview that he would have to buy out his contract. Presumably he would want to take Tanno when he goes so not a cheap option and Sheff U don't have a lot of spare cash. Also note that the front runners are ex-Blades players which seems to be important to them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I really cant believe though the number of replies that seem to indicate you have a devine right to get promoted. Hell there's bigger clubs in Div 2 than yourselves. Good luck to you in your new ground, seems to be a similar set up as Chesterfields, a club your size, but don't come all this "why would Poyet come to a club like ours?" it makes your support out to be a bunch of tit's.

Get over it, you'll need with someone like Adams. More your level.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton

i can tell you are a troll because of the absurd tone and persona you take, the subtle (as to appear genuine) needles and because i have seen quite a few trolls in my time

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

:lolol: Chesterfield, good one.

I think most people realise that Poyet is a sensible chap. He cut his teeth as a number two for a good number of years and is seemingly onto a good thing with Brighton. I'm not sure he would be willing to throw that away and uproot his whole life for a gig in Sheffield, a relative fading star.

No one thinks we have a divine right to promotion, but we are giving it a good shot thus far.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
More chance of him going to bigger Wednesday than United.

We certainly don't have any ideas that we have a devine right to be promoted, a condition of being a Brighton supporter in not having high expectations.

However you, Hart Adams or Scott are your level, why do you think you deserve anyone better? Isn't Sheffield just a small town in Leeds ?

Last edited:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Comparing us to the Crooked Cheats = Wind up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here