Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet given permission to speak to the Blades Board?

Dec 29, 2010
Get over it, you'll need with someone like Adams. More your level.

You back up my point 100%. There is no way you can sustain this push, as you slide back into the pack, and as for keeping your heads above water in a division or two above your weight, will be funny as f*** to see.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
You back up my point 100%. There is no way you can sustain this push, as you slide back into the pack, and as for keeping your heads above water in a division or two above your weight, will be funny as f*** to see.

obvioustroll.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sportheadlines/Make-me-an-offer-Adams.6674075.jp
Make me an offer, Adams tells Sheffield United

Published Date: 29 December 2010
By James Shield

MICKY Adams is believed to have asked Sheffield United to make a quick decision about whether he will be asked to fill the managerial vacancy at Bramall Lane.

Confirming that he has held talks with the Championship club about the prospect of replacing Gary Speed, the Port Vale chief last night indicated that his future will be decided within "the next 24 to 48 hours."

Adams' revelation is at odds with recent claims emanating from United that first-team coach John Carver, who took caretaker charge when Speed resigned his position to join Wales earlier this month, is destined to remain at the helm until early in the New Year.

Carver is known to have impressed directors with his conduct since assuming the role but his chances of being appointed on a permanent basis were dealt a blow when United were beaten in controversial circumstances at Norwich City yesterday.

Goals from Andy Reid and Richard Cresswell twice saw the visitors take the lead at Carrow Road before substitute Wes Hoolahan completed a second-half hat-trick which included two debatable penalties.

United, whose otherwise impressive display went unrewarded, also saw midfielder Stephen Quinn dismissed in stoppage time.

"The referee told me it was for a head butt," Carver said before complaining, not without merit, that "six decisions" by the match officials had cost United dear.

Doncaster Rovers' Sean O'Driscoll is understood to have ruled himself out of the running to succeed Speed despite initially being tempted to sever his ties with the Keepmoat Stadium while United have asked Brentford for permission to approach Andy Scott.

Phil Brown, previously of Hull, and Bobby Davison are also known to have expressed an interest in the post.

Sources close to Vale claim they will initially demand around £500,000 in compensation should Adams depart although that amount is far from set in stone.

United return to action at Burnley this weekend.

Page 1 of 1

Last Updated: 29 December 2010 11:31 AM
Source: n/a

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I've just spoken to a United supporting mate about this and he's laughed and said it'll probably be Brian Laws. He's also said that United are near broke and could never afford to pay compensation to a club with a manager on the long contract Poyet has got.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Grow up, I'm not trolling, just curious if anyone here has heard owt.

I really cant believe though the number of replies that seem to indicate you have a devine right to get promoted. Hell there's bigger clubs in Div 2 than yourselves. Good luck to you in your new ground, seems to be a similar set up as Chesterfields, a club your size, but don't come all this "why would Poyet come to a club like ours?" it makes your support out to be a bunch of tit's.

As you will have noted no-one has heard nowt.

We have good reason to be defensive given our league position and the fact that our new (£93m) stadium opens next season - not a lego job like most but a stadium to match any in the premiership in quality of finish while still being a "sensible" size (22,000 capacity). No divine right to promotion but coming up to half way and we are 4 points clear in a league where there are no stand-out teams so far. We have a good chance but it hinges on keeping our management team so you have to expect us to be less than effusive. All things considered I think you got a pretty polite response.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Nighty night, enjoy your pie and horlicks.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Let's see where both clubs are at the end of the season shall we? There are plenty of 'big' teams at a much lower level than their fans think they belong - and plenty more who have shocked one or two people with their rise in status (see Wigan, Blackpool, Burnley, Reading, Stoke, Hull etc).
That's football, eh? Don't be surprised if the Albion become the south coast's leading club over the next five years - the signs are highly promising ...

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
You're punching well above your weight in the Championship, why on earth would he get aboard a sinking ship?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Yea so funny that your nearest rivals could pass you on the way up while you slide down................now piss off you 'orrible northern clunge! Blunt the balde

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Poppycock

your new ground, seems to be a similar set up as Chesterfields, a club your size, but don't come all this "why would Poyet come to a club like ours?" it makes your support out to be a bunch of tit's.
Don't be such a twat, everyone knows Chesterfield has a fraction of our support and achievements. And you need to go back to primary school to learn how to make big words such as 'tit' plural.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
What Gus "deserves" & will get is the opportunity to mould a club in his own likeness. B&HAFC are a perfect fit for him given the scope to create a club that could be building towards challenging for a place in one of the European competitions within the time frame of his current contract*. I am not getting carried away here but there are not too many clubs that could offer such an opportunity. To be given the free reins to stamp his mark on the game as a manager who does things for the benefit of the club as a whole, not just another pawn in the managerial revolving door policy that so many clubs have these days due to the financial implications of failure.
Gus has integrity & the full support of a chairman who is truly a supporter, a man who has taken the view that stability is key in making the transition that is taking place sustainable. Gus Poyet and Brighton & Hove Albion are made for each other & the coming years are going to be historical as far as this club is concerned with The Amex & the fact that we are an exciting prospect being financially on a sound footing, giving Gus the greatest chance of becoming the kind of manager he hopes to be. There is very little outside of the top 6 Premiership or La Liga that Gus would walk away for given the opportunity that exists here.
To summise: Gus ain't going anywhere near Sheffield unless it's to lead hisBrighton team out to face either United or Wednesday.

* Note "building towards" as opposed to "doing so" within time frame. He will certainly have created the platform for such an adventure within the lifetime of his current 4 year contract.

Last edited:

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
This is a fishing thread.

Given that every post by the Sheff Utd idiot contains a dig at us at the end, can we just stop answering and let this one go?

It's nonsense, just trying to wind us up.

And yes, I've been to Bramall Lane too...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
load of bollocks,poyet will leave,but only for a premiership club

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Grow up, I'm not trolling, just curious if anyone here has heard owt.

I really cant believe though the number of replies that seem to indicate you have a devine right to get promoted. Hell there's bigger clubs in Div 2 than yourselves. Good luck to you in your new ground, seems to be a similar set up as Chesterfields, a club your size, but don't come all this "why would Poyet come to a club like ours?" it makes your support out to be a bunch of tit's.

What a patronising cock you really are. I hope we wipe the floor with your lot next year!

An as for saying "has anyone heard owt" :lolol: We don't speak norvern on 'ere :lolol:

Best get off of our board and feed tut whippets chuck!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here