Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet given permission to speak to the Blades Board?

Dec 29, 2010
Anyone down there heard the same rumour circulating up here, in the local rag.

Would be a great appointment for us if true, although Phil Brown in running as well.

What compensation would your board be looking for considering the job he has done to get you punching well above your weight.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Would be a great appointment for us if true, although Phil Brown in running as well.

What compensation would your board be looking for considering the job he has done to get you punching well above your weight.

Highly unlikely for a number of reasons.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Top of league 1, stadium on the horizon, long term deal that gives him control over squad development in exchange for a team 20th in the league above. Can't see it happening at all.

There are a few sides I could see that would tempt Gus but Sheff Utd are not one of them

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Absolutely no chance of that happening, I would say. Where on Earth did you hear that?

in the local rag, like he said in his opening post.....BLINDO :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

:lol: you wish

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No need to be all biheaded about something that probably will not happen. Have you actually seen the size of our stadium?

I'm not sure "punching above your weight" did you any favours.

On the compensation issue he wouldn't come cheap and that comes straight from the horses mouth.

Realistically, having spoken to the great man at a fans meeting recently (where questions about him leaving were raised) I'd imagine him taking the Sheffield United job are unlikely.

A high profile premiership job may interest him, but a relegation battle would not.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
:lolol: Not a chance. You're gonna be stuck with our previous manager. You can't afford our current one.

Last edited:

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
It'll be the cheap option for the Blades with McSue tightening the belts all round. I'd love it if Paul Hart took em down.

Dec 29, 2010
I'm not sure "punching above your weight" did you any favours.

On the compensation issue he wouldn't come cheap and that comes straight from the horses mouth.

Realistically, having spoken to the great man at a fans meeting recently (where questions about him leaving were raised) I'd imagine him taking the Sheffield United job are unlikely.

A high profile premiership job may interest him, but a relegation battle would not.

Just saying it as most people see it.

Not being funny, but mid table, div1, is where most in football see you as being.

Dec 29, 2010
We're not flush, but the next man appointed needs to be the right man, which is why with Poyet silk out of a sows ear down south currently, a big step up is what he deserves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here