poyet favouriteto replace grant

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
i am going to lay gus poyet on betfair. it will not happen

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Rubbish, so he leaves a new stadium, a team on the up, a packed ground, a chairman whos backing him for what? A club with massive debt, out of date ground, maybe moving to an unsuitable stadium, 2 owners who spend most of their time slating the set-up, most likely all their best players leaving. I wonder what I would do. It's a no brainer.

Depeched101

Could well be a money maker :thumbsup:

Imagine the first game at The Amex without Gus :cry:

I think everyone would agree that Gus has done a decent job at the Albion this season.

However, I come from the school of thought that managerial success tends to be entirely random.

For example, Sheffield United's Micky Adams has just lead them to relegation (despite him being widely regarded as a 'good' manager)

But of course, Micky Adams 'won the cup' with BHA.

Fact of the matter is that managers go where the money/glory? is.

They don't have 'loyalty' - but I'd like to see Gus remain where he is though - just to prove my 'random' point if nowt else.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
To be fair West Ham will need a manager who can get the best out of a team playing in a converted athletics track with little or no atmosphere :lol:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I think we are just gonna have to get used to Gus's name being put forward pretty much every time a manager's job becomes vacant (not that it has at West Ham...yet). With maybe just a very few exceptions.

Silly season has just begun! And will continue for a few more months.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
is there a copa america this year? we may have to hope that uruguay do well, or his name will WELL be linked with that job

I can't see him being interested in managing at International level just yet. He's only just embarked on his managerial career at club level, and looks to me like the kind of guy who thrives on the busy day-to-day involvement with his players. Managing Uruguay would turn him into a glorified globetrotting scout, with the odd meet-up with the squad every other month for a few friendlies / qualifiers.

I wouldn't rule it out some time in the future, but I think his ambitions will stay with the domestic leagues for the forseeable.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Quick chat with his mate Franco Zola, I would think will be enough to ensure the next time Gus sees Upton Park will be when our coach pulls in there next season.

Reckon this too
Zola was treated like shit at the end, a chat will Zola will ensure Gus will give it the big swerve

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I read an interview with Gold or Sullivan (can't remember which) in which he moaned that West Ham's debts are such that the chairmen are going to have to put £20m of their own money and was looking for a way to get out of doing that.

Imagine a football club chairman putting tens of million pounds of his own money into a football club - never going to happen.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I read an interview with Gold or Sullivan (can't remember which) in which he moaned that West Ham's debts are such that the chairmen are going to have to put £20m of their own money and was looking for a way to get out of doing that.

Imagine a football club chairman putting tens of million pounds of his own money into a football club - never going to happen.

Martin Samuel had this to say:

BRADY IS LEFT TO CLEAR UP THE MESS

According to co-owner David Sullivan, West Ham United are in a worse financial position than any football club in the country.

Just the news the Olympic Park Legacy Company wanted to hear, having as good as handed the club the keys to the Olympic Stadium post-2012.

Newham Council will no doubt have been equally delighted, what with agreeing to loan the club £40million to realise the project.

Karren Brady must be tearing her hair out. Her successful bid campaign risks sabotage from within.

On Tuesday she was driven to hurriedly release a statement, contradicting Sullivan’s gloomy predictions.

‘West Ham have an absolute commitment, financial or otherwise, to the stadium move,’ she said. ‘We have the resources in place to deliver the stadium transformation, as well as the legacy promises we have pledged to deliver along with our partners.

‘The business case stacks up. We have always said the move is not solely dependent on league status. This is a well-run business that has planned for every contingency and, within 12 months, the club will have been streamlined to be in a far stronger financial state.’

Brady added she was aware there had been a lot of discussion about the finances of West Ham and how this may impact on the move to Stratford. She must remember to thank Sullivan for that.

West Ham were threatened by relegation throughout the bidding and Brady had performed brilliantly to ensure this was not an issue.

Tottenham Hotspur and Leyton Orient remain committed to legal challenges previously considered to be going nowhere.

There has never been an appetite for change within the OPLC. Yet what if the Government are frightened by Sullivan’s apocalyptic pronouncements?

The legal complications give them an excuse to apply pressure to reopen the bidding process.

Sullivan even raised the issue of administration. He said there was no route along that path in the event of relegation. He may think that reassuring. Yet, by implication, it suggests he has looked into it. Very comforting.

This year West Ham made a trading profit for the first time since God was a boy and will not play a game in the Olympic Stadium until 2014.

There is no need to panic, yet. Indeed, nobody was until the owners decided to tie together relegation, administration, a fire sale of the best players and a £40m cash injection to stop the club going out of business, throw in the word Armageddon, and present it as a vision of the future.

Read more: FA Cup medals will shine despite the meddling... Martin Samuel | Mail Online

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
No chance. Gus keeps saying that it has to be "something very special" to take him away, not sure a Championship side in crippling debt is quite what he has in mind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here