Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

poyet favouriteto replace grant

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I read an interview with Gold or Sullivan (can't remember which) in which he moaned that West Ham's debts are such that the chairmen are going to have to put £20m of their own money and was looking for a way to get out of doing that.

Imagine a football club chairman putting tens of million pounds of his own money into a football club - never going to happen.
Sullivan reckons they have the worse debts in the country.

Our finances are worst in country, says David Sullivan | Football

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I reckon when Gus does leave, his next job will be abroad. If he's successful enough with the Albion to land a Premier League job, then by definition he may as well stay with us as the very biggest clubs will want a manager with European experience. So he wouldn't be making that much of a move forward by leaving.

However, if a job came up in Spain for someone that has a fair shout of getting into the Europa League (or that's already qualified), that could be different. He goes over there for a year or two, proves himself in Europe and is then in a prime position to come back to Chelsea (or Spurs maybe).

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Paulo di Fanio

dicanio1.jpg

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I reckon when Gus does leave, his next job will be abroad. If he's successful enough with the Albion to land a Premier League job, then by definition he may as well stay with us as the very biggest clubs will want a manager with European experience. So he wouldn't be making that much of a move forward by leaving.

However, if a job came up in Spain for someone that has a fair shout of getting into the Europa League (or that's already qualified), that could be different. He goes over there for a year or two, proves himself in Europe and is then in a prime position to come back to Chelsea (or Spurs maybe).

Top post I agree with every word

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Neil warnock would seem an obvious choice to get them promoted, failing that Martin o'neil

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Gus and Tony have a great relationship one suspects-

Gus has little or no pressure here one suspects-

Gus is not short of a few bob one suspects-

Gus has a clean canvas here to work with one suspects-

Gus is an honourable decent man one suspects-

Gus has time on his side one suspects-

Sussex is a decent area of the country one suspects-

Why would he want to change one would think.

All the money is now going on someone else.

Poyet is now seventh favourite on SkyBet and 4th favourite at Victor Chandler. BetFred aren't even bothering to list him (although Danny Dyer's price is quoted)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expect it to be either Di Matteo or Hughton as both are available and as along shot Curbishley or Parkinson to go back. Cannot understand all the shouts for O Neill who walked out of Villa as the owners didnt make enough money available to buy the players he wanted and Gold and Sullivan will give him even less.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
needs to be someone who will grin inanely whilst reading from a prepared script with the puppetmasters who run the club's hand up their arse

ladies and gentlemen I give you CHRIS HUGHTON

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Will be Chris Hughton. East end lad and out of work, meaning they don't need to pay compen.

He's a top bloke and a good manager and will do very well with them, I hope so anyways should he go there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here