Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet anticipating Lua-Lua + other "Big Names" official

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I really wish he'd keep schtum until the players were signed, he sounds as excited as fan which is good I suppose but he does build hopes up every window about the type of signing he hopes to make but has never quite delivered the big ones...yet.

I agree, but even if we don't sign these bigger name players, the fact that we are even in the hunt is something that hasn't happened for a very long time, so lets just try and enjoy it!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Not the first time Gus has been..

[yt]Hz64hWng2vM[/yt]

Let's hope it's a "now" then.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Don't want to be negative, but I'd have thought he'd have learned from talking about a 'special signing' in the last window. Now he's on about "big name signings who will excite the city" - preparing to be disappointed, hoping to be proved wrong!

And the LuaLua situation sounds like it's gone from 'done deal' to 50/50. Worrying.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I really wish he'd keep schtum until the players were signed, he sounds as excited as fan which is good I suppose but he does build hopes up every window about the type of signing he hopes to make but has never quite delivered the big ones...yet.

Well, it's not as if he's named anyone. I should hope we ARE doing what he says - the deals may or may not work out, but why shouldn't he be hopeful....and say so?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Jesus talk about the glass half empty brigade!!!

My thoughts exactly he simply said he's hoping to buy some good players in the next couple of weeks and everyone is moaning - would you rather he said we are buying no one or we are only buying 1 shit player from some 3rd division team in Luxembourg?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Don't want to be negative, but I'd have thought he'd have learned from talking about a 'special signing' in the last window. Now he's on about "big name signings who will excite the city" - preparing to be disappointed, hoping to be proved wrong!

And the LuaLua situation sounds like it's gone from 'done deal' to 50/50. Worrying.
Well he knew that there'd been some problem re: LuaLua when he didn't sign a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't watched the interview but the quotes don't really say that much. I still think we'll get him in the end.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Big names like Anthony Philip David Terry Frank Donald Stanley Gerry Gordon Stephen James Oatway?

I don't think you could get a bigger name than that :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
now or never , does that mean if we don't land LuaLua on a worse case scenario loan deal we wont get a look in when his contract expires next season ?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Also, I couldn't really give a shit about 'big names' just decent signings would be good. I hope we're not looking at players above our station and have reasonable alternatives in mind should the 'big name' signings not come off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here