Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter- what’s he up to?

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Seems reasonable to me. He played for York for 3 seasons, and he’s been invited back by the club for a one-off gig to meet the fans and schmoose with the corporate guests. Don’t we do something similar with ex-players?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If its true that he's been collecting his bunce from Chelsea each month since the chop, I have to say that is quality rinsing. Really top, top quality. Ill bet Todd can't believe he hasn't taken another job yet.
He's made for life.

Whether he's happy or not who knows, I don't care personally. but the wife and kids are all very well provided for.

he could spend the rest of his days doing jigsaw puzzles.

maybe he is . . .

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He's made for life.

Whether he's happy or not who knows, I don't care personally. but the wife and kids are all very well provided for.

he could spend the rest of his days doing jigsaw puzzles.

maybe he is . . .
Lovely house near Hove seafront and millions in the pension pot. Choose the next step very carefully or just say f*** it - done @ 50

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Lovely house near Hove seafront and millions in the pension pot. Choose the next step very carefully or just say f*** it - done @ 50
He loves living in Brighton apparently and has no intention of moving his settled family. The strikingly obvious answer as to why he’s turned down so many high-profile roles, especially whilst Todd pays him to sit at home.

Maybe he’s holding out for the England job or maybe he’s just waiting for another go at Chelsea.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He loves living in Brighton apparently and has no intention of moving his settled family. The strikingly obvious answer as to why he’s turned down so many high-profile roles, especially whilst Todd pays him to sit at home.

Maybe he’s holding out for the England job or maybe he’s just waiting for another go at Chelsea.
Plenty of mentions of Potter on the Spurs forum. They aren’t happy with Ange. And it’s a well trodden route too, Villas-Boas, Mourinho, Conte, Pochettino.

I think if he doesn’t get the England gig, Spurs would be a really strong shout.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Relaxing thinking once I managed to get an Albion XI containing players like Mac, Caceido, Biss, Trossard, Dunk, Gross, Mwepu to a magical 9th place.
Forgetting long winless and losing streaks along the way.
Overrated.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Plenty of mentions of Potter on the Spurs forum. They aren’t happy with Ange. And it’s a well trodden route too, Villas-Boas, Mourinho, Conte, Pochettino.

I think if he doesn’t get the England gig, Spurs would be a really strong shout.
Don't think he's going to take over a team mid-season again. Think its either England (very likely) or he'll stay unemployed until next summer.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Relaxing thinking once I managed to get an Albion XI containing players like Mac, Caceido, Biss, Trossard, Dunk, Gross, Mwepu to a magical 9th place.
Forgetting long winless and losing streaks along the way.
Overrated.
Indeed.
Many fans rushing to extol his virtues as our greatest ever mgr...to be followed by more eulogising over RDZ.
GP is milking Chelsea for all he can get with no plans for a quick return to football. He has turned down seemingly attractive offers whilst 200k a week dribbles into his bank account.
Meanwhile...back at the lunatic asylum they are having to buy back their own hotels, sell off all their home grown talent and watch half their bloated and expensive squad train on its own just to satisfy financial regulations.
If I were GP I wouldn't look too hard for another job for another 3 years.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Indeed.
Many fans rushing to extol his virtues as our greatest ever mgr...to be followed by more eulogising over RDZ.
GP is milking Chelsea for all he can get with no plans for a quick return to football. He has turned down seemingly attractive offers whilst 200k a week dribbles into his bank account.
Meanwhile...back at the lunatic asylum they are having to buy back their own hotels, sell off all their home grown talent and watch half their bloated and expensive squad train on its own just to satisfy financial regulations.
If I were GP I wouldn't look too hard for another job for another 3 years.
I don’t care what he does just as long as it’s nowhere near the Albion. Nothing personal the guy just bored me to death for 3 seasons playing a very weird brand of football. Lots of XG chances although by the time the ball arrived in the opposition’s box 9 players were back defending a sometimes walking pace attack. Hence the never ending home draws or defeats.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I don’t care what he does just as long as it’s nowhere near the Albion. Nothing personal the guy just bored me to death for 3 seasons playing a very weird brand of football. Lots of XG chances although by the time the ball arrived in the opposition’s box 9 players were back defending a sometimes walking pace attack. Hence the never ending home draws or defeats.
I'm with you there.
Unlike the rigid RDZ.... Potter changed his mind week after week.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

He has been offered that job before… will the extra 45 mins commute (compared to Chelsea) be worth it this time?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Don’t you get stressed when working though?
Maybe GP didn’t like the stress involved with being a PL coach and now enjoying a relaxing lifestyle. I don’t blame him not going back to work when Chelsea are paying him millions.
I hardly ever get stressed working I’m just not one for sitting at home.
If I won the lottery for arguments sake I have an idea to help people live affordably in their own home who are currently paying extortionate rents, unfortunately I would need backing to start it.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I was confused by this until I realized that he made 114 appearances for York.

So it's not just come meet a mediocre left-back and failed Chelsea coach
I too was very puzzled by their stated excitement at his impending visit but now having read your post it makes a little more sense... just a little

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Don’t you get stressed when working though?
Maybe GP didn’t like the stress involved with being a PL coach and now enjoying a relaxing lifestyle. I don’t blame him not going back to work when Chelsea are paying him millions.
Off topic I fitted one of those cheap Chinese instant hot water taps yesterday the customer bought from Amazon. It lasted all of two minutes producing hot water absolute pile of crap 🤣

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The day I've been waiting for.

I'm off to York City, screw you guys.

...what does a "hospitality guest" do btw?
In the case of Potter, sucks the hospitality air through his teeth.... or maybe since he's been to Turkey to get them done that may no longer be possible, which may come as a disappointment to his hosts as that may have been one of the things they were most looking forward to, hence their excitement.

Maybe someone should send their CEO an email to warn them as at least they'll still have time to cancel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here